Whens the next update due then?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Jul 7, 2012.

1. coops

coops Banned

++++++++++++++++ 1 great idea with the popups

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What a perfect way to destroy an otherwise well stated argument.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Maybe so but Maxy is 100% right and i agree totally. Just simply stating rF2 is now gold is not enough and is not gonna suddenly make all the great modding teams jump into gear. As Maxy has said and i agree i don't think rF2 is even in beta status yet, i know it has been released as a beta but i think ISI view beta different to alot of us are used to. rF2 has a long way to go and simply just stating we are gold is not gonna help. Your still gonna have an unfinished project with the same issues modders are having now but those issues will just be under gold, it doesn't make sense whatsoever to release right now.

Quality takes time and ISI should take as long as needed to get it right.

Btw nikos, i know you are not directly disagreeing with MAXY but rather how the post was started. So this is not really aimed at you. :)

4. BasJon

BasJon Registered

For me I have virtually stopped playing for a while, I really dont like the dirty look you get now through the windscreen, for me I think the graphics have gone worse since the initial release, I also enjoyed setting up a server to race start in twilight and finish in the dark but lights not working so this is not possible either oh well roll on the next update....

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

just commending his usual way of arguing, cannot comment actual argument, Im not quallified for it.

6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yeah makes me yearn for windscreen washers, and there is something odd when you look left, the window dirt is somehow inside the car rather than on the window, whereas looking right it is on the window...ah well, WIP

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Do you mean in general graphics? You know like the graphics seem "grainy" and unclean or an effect on the windscreen? If it's grainy looking you are on about i would agree, i think it could look alot cleaner in general but that shouldn't stop you from playing? I certainly didn't sign upto to race rF2 for it's visuals

8. Knight of Redemption

No actual dirt effect on the glass most noticeable when the sun shines on it. Not signing up for great graphics is fine, but in this day and age there is no excuse for poor graphics, but I will not judge them yet anyway, as it is (here are those letters again) WIP

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think that effect does look slightly odd right now. But just think what it will be like once rF2 is final and your in an endurance race and that dirt builds up over the race to the point it gets like it is from lap 1 right now. I'm presuming the build up will be dynamic once finished, at least i hope so. Graphics are subjective tbh as i think from the cockpit it looks pretty good even now, car dependent obviously. But do think overall it's too grainy looking at times for me personally and needs cleaning up and over time it probably will.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'd be very happy if there was no new content in the next build,

Just a stack of optimisations : graphics / sound / tire model & physics

That way any possible future content that may be added will seem so much better!

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Regarding the OP, more tracks please ISI next build.

12. Knight of Redemption

+1

13. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Yes nismo I was on about the grainy effects, and that isnt the main reason for me not playing just played it too much from release like every day for about 3 months so need a rest for a bit and hope for some new content as in tracks mostly :) I have no complaints at all for the game physics and fun element they are awesome :)

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I understand what basjons getting at, im new to ISI and rfactor, did play race 07 for a while til i noticed rfactor 2 and have been enjoying rf2 beta and can tell ill enjoy it for meny more years. I wish i found out about it after its gone gold, just think its a bit too early for me. Still, its nice watching rf2 progress.

15. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Yes I agree partly baked bean, but Im also glad I have gave some input hopefully for the game as I have done posts and mails, and I think I may have helped quite a few people in sorting out there teething problems, but this aint a whine and I have seen other people mention that the game is not really in a beta stage that I am used to anyway, and I still believe and hope that this will be the best sim for a few years yet to come :)

16. Mulero

Mulero Registered

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Some work in content and others work on other things.

17. osella

osella Registered

Man no offense to you, but I think you are overreacting, as many people on this forum do. I'm afraid its because of the ranking/reputation system. People are so afraid to say what they think in a way they normally would. I don't think saying something is nonsense is impolite nor offensive. On other forums its perfectly normal.
    In every other post ending on this forum I see "please nobody take no offense please" or similar a*s-licking.

If you aren't extemely super ultra polite here, you are viewed negatively here. Screw that...

1 person likes this.
  18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok, I screw it LOL

19. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

My wish list for the next Update :

Fixed black / flickering mirrors.
    Working headlights
    Alternate skins windshield bug fix
    Working Windscreen wipers and rainfall on Windscreen / visor like in this video :

That will do me for the time being i think.

20. zack

zack Registered

... ...
    ... new parabolica! ;)