multi groove

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Tobi Coats, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Question. With the groove being mapped via a spline would it also be able to map multiple lines? Given that the groove isn't dynamic yet

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

No; you'd end up with a lot of seams.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

The groove is already dynamic.

You can lay down multiple grooves say on ovals, have a main lower line that's perfectly rubbered in from 35 cars running it and the other 8 might be (more slowly) rubber in a higher line as well.
    Or do you mean something else?

4. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Okay I remember someone saying that the race groove is only appearing in once but I also haven't done any heavy testing

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

They were wrong :D If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about, they did some further tests and found that it is dynamic after all.

Your race groove texture should cover the whole track, and, IMO, be somewhat uniform, since you don't have control over where people will be racing--especially if it's a track where multiple lines can be taken. I know the ISI one kind of has a 'groove within a groove' thing going on, but that kind of thinking takes away from the dynamic aspect of it...again, IMO. If you purposely build in a single darker strip along what you believe to be the typical line, it kind of takes away the ability for as much rubber build-up (visually) on other parts of the track. So, what I'm suggesting is a texture that has a uniform "density", but still offers enough variation to be interesting; and let RealRoad determine how much of it appears on the road. Ideally, we'd just have a system that "paints" the rubber into the road texture by the cars' tires themselves--just as it is in the real world.

6. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Sorry, I do not know where to write. Please send the ISI.
    Please change the system RealRoad. Baking textures Racegruve this is nonsense. I learned how to put MapChanel 3, but not the fact that delitanty will pay attention to this layer. The wheels should draw on the asphalt tracks and not the texture. The same goes for tracks in the wet.
    I wish only good project rFactor 2. And I want to help any way I can, but listen to me or who will not or do not want to listen to my opinion.
    View attachment 3085