Fanatec gt2 wheel what settings?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by qual, Jul 6, 2012.

1. qual

qual Registered

HI all

im really struggling with how to set up my gt2 fanatec wheel , the fanatec wheel settings site doesnt have any settings lissted for rf 2.

I only have the plastic pedals at the moment but still i dont know how to get the wheel right , sensitivity etc,

can anyone post me some good base line settings as it always seems to require massive wheel movement to get the car turning even in the open wheelers.

i have the let game sort it out clicked but still not sure if theres other settings i need to do in windows or what settings on the wheel itself?

many thanks

Adam

2. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Hi,

at the moment "auto Wheel Range" is not working for Fanatec Wheels. So you have to set the Turning Angle manually in the Wheels Tuning Menu.
    When you are in a racing session you can enter Settings/Controls and there you can see the "recommended" Steering Wheel range for the current vehicle. For example 450° for the Formula ISI and 612° for the Megane (use 610). I found it not to be bad to use this settings for the Wheel. Of course, if you want you can use one setting for all cars, 540° for example.

It´s hard to recommend good or the best settings, because actually you are only getting opinions which are based on personal preferences, habituation and so on.
    Drift Mode for example can make the Wheel feel a little more alive and makes countersteering easier, but you may also lose a little of the right feeling for the road and grip level, making it harder to find the limit.
    Again, just my opinion!
    One thing you shouldn´t touch is FF, leave it at 100! All it does is limiting the dynamic range of the FFB by capping the maximum forces. If you think the effects are too weak or too strong use the FFB multiplier in the game.

digi

3. coops

coops Banned

degrees of turn your choice
    ffb 100%
    sho 100
    dri off
    abs 100 good if have csp pedals for knowing when Tyre locks up
    lin 0
    dea 0
    spr 0
    dpr 0
    try it but best to set the wheel up to your liking,every1 is diff.once you have done this driving will be easier, but get the csp you will luv them

4. qual

qual Registered

many thanks guys, torn between getting csp or saving for t500rs and getting loadcell mod when available, sometimes so many options is a pain in the ar*e

5. Alvin8100

Alvin8100 Registered

I'm totally agree with you.Certain two facts on this are unequivocally the best we have all had.You'r 100% good here that all it does is limiting the dynamic range of the FFB by capping the maximum forces. If you think the effects are too weak or too strong use the FFB multiplier in the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  6. coops

coops Banned

yes agree my next wheel will be the new csw as i have had no probs with fanatec gear only trying to get it in australia is usually the hardest thing. i think they have gone the right way with this wheel as you buy the base and just find a wheel to suit .need more released but they are coming. and the load cell is a must these days.