Mirror and FOV

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Eric Hough, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Eric Hough

Eric Hough Registered

I am having an issue with my mirrors in relation to my field of view. When I move my FOV further to the front of the car, it also adjusts the angle of the mirror. When I set my FOV to where I like it, I can't adjust the mirrors far enough to see what is behind me. At its maximum downward adjustment, I'm still looking off to the sky. Is there an adjustment that needs to be made elsewhere so I can see behind me with a FOV near the front of the car?

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You can change the mirrors in your player plr file. You can also adjust them in car I believe but I can't remember how at the moment.

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Quote:
    Here's how to adjust MIRROR reflections while ON the TRACK !!

use Shift+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust all mirror reflection heights

use Shift+Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust mirror reflection
    note: these physical mirror position adjustments are for the in-cockpit center mirror only

Left Mirror use Ctrl+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust left mirror reflection

Center Mirror use Ctrl+Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust center mirror reflection

Right Mirror use Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust right mirror reflection

Clarification to the OP:

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+W/S/A/D = Nothing
    Ctrl+Alt+W/S/A/D = Nothing
    Alt+Shift+W/S/A/D = Nothing
    Ctrl+Shift+A/D = Nothing

Ctrl+Shift+W/S = Move the camera position of all mirrors forward and back (this should change the FOV, not the camera position )

Shift+W/S/A/D = Change vertical/horizontal angle of all mirrors

Ctrl+W/S = Move the camera position of the left mirror forward and back (this should change the FOV, not the camera position )
    Ctrl+A/D = Change the horizontal angle of the left mirror

Alt+W/S = Move the camera position of the right mirror forward and back (this should change the FOV, not the camera position )
    Alt+A/D = Change the horizontal angle of the right mirror

Return the mirror positions to default/zero:
    While adjusting whatever axis it is you want to adjust, hit the button for both directions of that axis to center that axis. Example, hitting Ctrl+A+D = center the left mirror's horizontal tilt. Ctrl+W+S = center the left mirror's vertical tilt.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...e-TRACK-!!

1 person likes this.
  4. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

This ^^^is very good information,thanks for sharing.

5. adri84dj

adri84dj Registered