Pad Sensitivity changes when i speed up

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Cristian Why, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

my sony ps2 Pad Sensitivity changes to a lower value when i speed up and when i slow down goes back to normal frustrating to use like this, this happened with my g27 long time ago with an older build, is there a workaround?

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Sounds like a 'speed sensitivity' issue, usually you want this set as low as practical (ideally zero) but using a pad you'll probably find you'll need some, check the setting in controls ingame.

3. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

i still need to use my pad to test my tracks, i dont want to connect and disconect my wheel every 5 min:(

4. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

bad news ): , now is happening on rf1 too

5. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Change your speed sensitivity, I usually use 40-60 for a pad.

6. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

i cant drive if i change it, this sony ps2 analog stick is not great, my old saitek p750
    analog stick was better because the stick was lighter to turn around and i could make the apex nicely and i threw it in the bin silly me:( , there is an issue somewhere, before it was fine but now its crazy the car just doesnt turn when i'm at high speed the sensitivity goes lower when i speed up

7. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

ok is not a bug , thats the way is working in both rfactor versions 1&2, If you set the speed sensitivity to %100 and the digital sterring rate to %10 then the car sterring at high speed will be dead, at slow speed its fine but when you speed up your sterring will become only %10 of the the one you had at slow speed, then you have to slow down in order to steer:( i smashed my ps2 controler mainboard by mistake when trying to mode it the analog pad was too hard and i dont recomand it to anyone for rfactor use.