[REL] Hockenheim-Ring (Multi Layout) v1.1 update 03.05.2015

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Tommy78, Jun 26, 2012.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Really nice track!

2. MJP

MJP Registered

That's right, I don't get slippage any more in v0.75. To the people getting slippage, exit the game then open your PLR and check the 1st line under the [ SCENE ] section to see which version was loaded.

could also try deleting the HOCKENHEIMRINGDTM CBASH file from UserData\Log\CBash.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  3. Tony

Tony Registered

Yep I did the same: uninstalled Hockenheim v0.7 (plus your mod to let me do that) - I didn't delete it or anything, but just re-installed it & then the update to v0.75, then all was ok

I confirmed that by looking in my .plr file after selecting Hockenheim to try it out - as MJP said to check out

It now show v0.75, whereas before uninstalling/reinstalling it hadn't recognised the update for some reason

4. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

I was using 0.7. That was the problem. All looks ok now in 0.75. Thkx for this great rf2 track.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I just came across this and it looks stunning. I was wondering how feasible it is to potentially add the excellent pre-2002 layout one day?

6. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Seems i found the problem with the slippery garage part. The Simautosport EGT server vmod references to the 0.7 version thats why it gets loaded on the server and wrong adressed it seems because on two other servers i have no problem with the garage and my mod manager says the track is used in 2 mods which are the other two where it works fine and the Simsport server isn't recognized there.

7. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hi Thommy,

yesterday i found two aliens on your track ;-) outside of Sachs-Kurve...

View attachment 11582

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Thats not aliens mate.
    Its Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet on rehearsals

9. RJames

RJames Registered

LOL

10. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

The track is great, but we noticed that the first corner is missing warning of cutting the track.
    It would be great to have this warning to put your track in our public server.
    Thanks for the time you are dedicating to this project.

Babs;)

11. madleecher

madleecher Registered

Have found some glitch ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Same as posted above though...

13. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

In mine opinion the track looks stunning and nothing wrong with. I compared it with real live YouTube on-board vids and its looking very convincing to me....

But how about track layout and track dimensions.
    We have put this track on our server and we get some complaints that the track layout and width dimensions (to narrow on some points) are off in comparison with the real track.
    Just so with the difference in heights, there are none with this layout. They are saying the track is to flat no bumbs at all ????

These are remarks from people who are actually driven this circuit in real live and not mine.

I'm asking because we would like to use this track in a DTM series at www.simracing.nl but therefore it must be accurate. And because of this remark the track will probably be canceled.

I really would like to know the overall opinion about this ????

Keep up the good work :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  14. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

It is a Work in Progress (WIP) pre-release. There are features than haven't been implemented and work that still needs to be done. My guess is it isn't ready for your league, given those qualifications.

However, definitely let Tommy know what you think should be implemented for the final release, as that is what these WIP threads are all about. Constructive criticism and feedback.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Have issues with track holes been reported yet? Like on the outer kerbs on the last two corners, an invisible wall smack on T1, etc?

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Hi Tommy,

Do you have any updates planned for this track?

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Bump.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Another release I`m late to get to... :rolleyes:

Anyway, many thanks Tommy. :)

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm guessing Tommy has taken a break from this track which is fair enough. Hoping it has not been abandoned altogether.

Two things I want to ask...

Are the national and short layouts still planned? These would be great for smaller cars like the Civic or Clio.

Will this track get some finishing touches such as spectators in the stadium section? The track kind of looks bare without them. What about the other issues that have been reported?

Anyway, fantastic track this. Just hoping it gets to v1.0 one day.

20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, the track will be include the National, Short1 and Short2 layout.
    I fixed the issues, the two Marshall on the Sachs-Kurve, I left the skin modifier off, fixed the rainspray effect which caused by the new material name tag.
    Changed the grandstand seats and the crowd shaders, so now you can't see through the crowd like in the v0.75 at the Mercedes Grandstand.
    But I didn't find two issues, the invisible wall in T1, and the holes in the last two corner.
    Now I do the all crowds and move to the right place, after check and modify the corner cutting in the AIW. So, I hope will be release the new version soon as possible.