20 fps @ Brianza in the Brabhams

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by hoover, Jun 23, 2012.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

There are a few of these threads beginning to emerge now about this issue, or similar at least. Its REALLY frustrating isnt it. Hope it gets sorted soon.

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Yep, esp. as it's totally unpredictable. Just now it was fine with a constant 60fps with sync set to video, then another time again 20 fps. Very weird and a nightmare to debug I guess.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

I'll just throw in the obvious but have you tried removing/deleting your PLR and let the game create a new one? This is quite often a fix for when your game isn't running as well as it once was.

5. theoldguy24765

theoldguy24765 Registered

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

For those of you having this issue with seriously dropping frame rates, are you using vsync? If you are and your frame rate drops below your monitor refresh rate, the frame rates will naturally drop to around 20fps due to how vsync works. If you can maintain frame rates above your monitor's refresh rate, you won't see any drop in frame rates. Try turning off vsync and see what happens.

7. hoover

hoover Registered

As I've mentioned above the problem isn't related to vsync (at least on my rig). I usually turn *on* vsync only when experiencing the massive lag / stutters described in another thread which seem independent of mod & track I'm running.

All the best, Uwe