A little write up on the latest builds...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon Denton, Jun 22, 2012.

1. PaulC

PaulC Registered

I doubt a squib would even fizzle if was in a toilet bowl.... :p

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Nonsense.....I'm very grateful to both modders and faster drivers, in GTR evo, I've raced with Dracer/Horus and many of the other aliens, and these have been some of the nicest and most helpful people, many of whom have uploaded their set ups etc.
    Also, there's a difference between boasting and being proud of your accomplishments would'nt you say....?

In the 3 yrs I raced on the GTR evo servers, not once did I have an argument with any of the fast/alien drivers, only the chumps.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

If it's the same Horus we used to have race at FO then he is far from an alien and his favoured sim was EVO. He used to get whooped at FO. He now races over at Simjunkies if i remember rightly. If you class him as fast then god help you when you meet some real aliens

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

He was fast in Evo, was friendly in evo and uploaded his set ups in evo.
    Can the FO boys whoop his ass in Evo...?

5. Jon Denton

Jon Denton Registered

Perhaps, but doing one lap is not an accomplishment, and arguably being fast at driving racing simulators is not much of one either. Being proud of saving someone from drowning, or volunteering to rebuild houses in Haiti is great, but boasting about it isn't necessary, and in most cases isn't something people do. At the same time, some of the fastest guys in simracing rarely spend any time quoting their times. I'm also not sure if you have assumed that I am saying that you were boasting, F2chump, just so you know, I don't think you were. You were just taking something in the article out of context, which is the only reason I replied at all. You can talk about laptimes in the FRenault at Malaysia all you want, you can even be extremely proud of your ability to achieve them. Just maybe do it in a different thread, one where it would be relevant to the subject matter.

As already detailed the numbers used in the blog post were a reference to the variance of times based on conditions. If I had used the numbers 1.34 and 1.32, would you have replied telling me that was too fast? Maybe, but that would have also been a different subject to the actual point that the numbers were there to portray.

Why would you have an argument with any of them? Does this count as an argument? I am not sure. Doesn't seem like one really.

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes when he first joined we ran EVO as the sim for the league and he could not match the best there. We eventually moved to rFactor in the end and he threw his toys out the pram in a huff. I didn't like the guy if it's the same Horus. Sure his name was Horus Thermalite or something. I don't race there now myself as i moved onto iRacing from there. But he should still be in the records, ill check. It's all well and good looking good on a public server but leagues are a different kettle of fish

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Thing is, the Horus I'm referring to did a 1m32.8 at Imola in the F3000, I was there in the server when it happened, and he's an Italian dude, and a nice bloke.

8. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Then it's all good between us:cool:

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Different guy then as the Horus that raced where i was racing was english.

Jon - Great write up btw, really nice at last to see some positive press on rF2

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  10. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Nice, did a 1min49.1 on lap 9 Malaysia f-loop, then did a 1min49.033 on lap 13.....racing line looks reasonably good on replay, so I think set up changes and some more practice will get me to a 1min47.9.
    The F3.5 kickass now, it's a shame few people drive it, as it's one of the best sim cars ever.

I won heaps of races in RACE07's F3000 on pub servers, but that's a boring car to drive compared to this, thanks mainly to much better FFB and tremendous feeling of the rears around t5-6.

I hope people rediscover this great car.

11. Jon Denton

Jon Denton Registered

Ensure to come back and quote some more laptimes for us when you get there. :p

12. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

You betcha, LOL.
    It's more about me enjoying the car and being happy with my times obviously, but I don't see the problem especially as there's always someone faster than me.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

You got your wish Jon....I'm back to report a 1m48 flat at Malaysia.
    The car has a great rear end, it's informative and controllable, and must be one of the best OWers now.
    I suppose with a better set up and more practice a 1m46.9 should be doable, but I think the best time is 1m45.9 or lower....I hope it isn't much lower as 46's would probably be my peak.

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Jon, I did a 147.6 at Malaysia.....sorry for the delay.

15. osella

osella Registered

Just 8 months delay.. no biggie I'm sure.. ;)

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Better late than never!!!!
    I said that in my Elvis voice.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lolol thumbs up for quick response :D

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I guess he was rubbering the track for a couple of months and waited for the right conditions...

19. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I did 189000 laps.....but I needed a Ivy Bridge to calculate.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I've done a 43.8 with a qualifying setup

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013