ARI Fun Race 4 @ Brianza Alternative 10K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

* Screenshots*

Hi guys, I took the liberty to make some screenshots in this night's race.
    I have no knowledge to make video's, so this is all I could do.

Shame there are no name in them and sometimes I pushed to soon or to late.....but overall, there are some fun shots in there.
    Now it's about 40 or 50 of them so I had to figure out a way to put them here; I used a program to put it in a site.

There are no timelines in there too because the game just says "grab 0001" and so on but you can see when the race starts and again for the next one.

If all is right, you can get an automatic play by hitting "speel diavoorstelling af" .........I couldn't get that in English.
    And I don't know what the "abonneer" button does, but can't get that out too.

So, here it is, maybe it's fun, I hope so! Screenshots

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks again for races. Was a lot of fun. I was lucky to stay out of trouble for the races.

Navigator, great screen shots.

DJC

3. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Great screen shots Navigator, you have some fantastic ones there and thanks for being in the Brabham so we could use mirrors.

Despite the SC problems I had a great night and to add to that I think my most intense moments of all my time in PC racing. Being in a pack of four cars going through the banking then onto the road course and then back onto the banking was quite nerve wracking but so much fun. I've just watched the replay of the last race and saw something similar happened near the front, only their pack was five strong!

A great night, good racing and loads of fun!

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nice that the shots aren't that bad then. Was no trouble and ad great fun to see you guys go; that close, wow......

Well, I also made a "movie" of the shots and I could add sound to it.......couldn't decide what number to put in there so don't shoot me ;)
    It's a 55mb download and plays with quicktime (m4v format) and here it is.

EDIT: sorry, the quality of the pictures is not so good here, had to reduce it or it would have been 260mb, now it's 55 with a low res. Better the link in my former post then.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

There are great racers here. I look forward to the future of ARI tonight was my first official race with all of you and I have to echo what Andy has stated, this has been the best sim racing to date for me. I kinda knew that coming into tonight's race that it would be super close. Another thing is how clean it was there where points when I was two wide into parabolic without any contact simply great driving by hallas and Lars

Nav nice shots, I hope you will join us in the races soon... did you learn anything by watching the race?

Hallas...I took a look at the replay and the contact was 100% my fault you held the line and I became greedy not letting up to get in tow. I wanted second bad and I let that get in the way of proper decision making...until the next

looking at the screen shots made me think we need skins....bad. I would like to make some simple skins what I mean by simple is the name of the driver, number and a couple colors. Does any one else skin as well I think it would personalize the cars a bit and everybody will know each other on track.....

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks SkeleTele. I did learn indeed; a lot of you guys (if not all of you) were more patient; holding the throttle back a bit and not go right on overtaking. Release the throttle just a bit sooner coming down towards parabolica and so on.
    I just do what you do on a normal circuit; overtake whenever I can but then the other guy takes you right back....and so you're way to close to each other all the time and that's not my thing ;)

I will be there the other races, this was just not my circuit; I do better (and mean, less hitting) on other tracks ;)

7. joker68

joker68 Registered

Hi guys.
    Please accept my apologies for not being at the races today. I received an unexpected visit from my parents.
    Maybe next time.
    Cheers

PS: out of curiosity, tried to get into the server during the week, but wasn't able to click "race" after loading track, etc. Just sat there, at the Monitor screen. I know that there is a password to enter the server, but I wasn't asked for it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

8. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Password is only set on sunday races. The rest of the week the server is open to everybody.
    If you couldn't race meant probably that the server was in error at that moment.

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Well, some points to be made after yesterday's first race 3 attempts.
    The first attempt was completely my fault. David did a great start and Lars and I were going just behind. Wanted to get behind David's slipstream and tried to look for Lars. Used rear view, side view and virtual mirrors. Did see nobody. For a moment I thought "Has he made a bad start and lost the pace and nobody is there?" Checked again and saw no one there, so I moved left to get inside David's slipstream, but unluckyly a wheel appeared on my left as I headed through there. Definitely Lars was there and I hadn't see him. At that moment I just couldn't get off there and crashed against him, causing what you all could see. My appologies.

Now I know the F3 have an important blind spot (taking it into account for Belgium)

Talking about safety car.
    The safety never ended yesterday. Well, I don't think it's a bug. Simply Rfactor waits for everybody to group and then allows the race to be restarted. As we never grouped we were there till the end of the race (or better said till Bryan restarted the server).

In the previous race, at Snetterton we all did the same. Safe Car was deployed and everybody kept racing at race speed. Don't know whether it's fear of being overtaken, but we all went at race speed for a couple of laps.

What we should do in this conditions is, at the moment the yellow flags are waved we all should decrease speed, don't overtake (as it's forbidden to overtake through yellow flags) unless the car in front goes offtrack. And wait for everybody to group and the race to be restarted.

Just can't wait for the next race to come. Will it be Searspoint? Such a technical track (will have the sparks a better pace than in Brianza?)

10. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Unfortunately I did the same to Marcel in the last race, we had fantastic 5 way battle going for 2nd place, I just lost track of where he was and move into his line. I came off second best but I'm sure he dropped out of the slip. Sorry again.

The safety car needs some testing, I'm not sure why the SC was not out on track to pick the group up after the incident. I'll take the blame for that as it needs to be tested before use. Maybe we test this tonight to iron this out.

Is a safety car just a gimmick in sim racing? Let face it nobody can get hurt, when there is an incident you either drive on or exit the race. I like the idea but half of me see's it as a waste of time. We definitely need to work this out before the next event.

I have a couple of ideas I'll be running over the next day's and looking to your feedback.

Last but no least, the skill level shown by drivers was nothing more than fantastic in the two races finished. Well done all.

11. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

If it was after parabolica I think it was me. I had just reached the group in the parabolica so you weren't expecting me to be there (and according to my position I was probably in your blind spot)

12. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Sorry to you than:p not Marcel.

13. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

No prob.

So now Wim, you have no excuse to take part at any race. You could see the mess we did by our own. I only think Belgium will be able to make such crazy starts.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You cannot stop proposing Spa in your last posts for next race gorgias.

+1!

Perhaps move to F2 after this?

15. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

hmmmm F2 you say TBH I don't think many of use r ready for that including myself. Continue with the F3 there more forgiving and you have a better chance of saving yourself if contact is made.....or we could just take a vote on it :)

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I meant Spa with F3 and then perhaps go to F2.

17. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

I too think that the safety car was not bugged.
    On the first lap for example, before the SC was deployed but full course yellow was out, the car in front of me was going slow but the cars behind me were pushing. The gaps became bigger and not smaller like they should. The reason for a SC is to group the field again and that never happened yesterday so the SC stayed out. People should have driven real slow until everyone is lined up behind them, like 3:30 lap times and not under 3:00 like yesterday during SC
    Is safety car just a gimmick? No, I don't think so. Perhaps it's not needed for safety reasons like in RL, especially on a track like Brianza, because the debris is gone the 2nd time you pass the crash site. But it adds so much to a race with the restart or change of tactics (if we do pit stops at some point).

18. Everon

Everon Registered

Why not make a championship conditions?, With a weekly calendar of races (as in formula 1), announced circuits, one circuit race (damage to 0% until people get used to not bump into each other ), DQ for causing accidents ... I think it would be more interesting.

By the way, I see interesting category up to F2, when many (including myself included have not mastered the F3), with appropriate circuits (Snetterton, monaco, Putnam Park, ... it could take even a lot.
    Thank you.

19. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Another question about an accident.
    In the last race I had accident of which I thought it was not my fault. After the race he told me I've should driven more carefully. So I've watched the replay and still can't see what I did wrong. I was just holding my line all the time while he was bumping into me 3 times. Or should I have hit the brakes and let him pass easily because I had nowhere to go? I just want to know, because I'm still learning and it's hard to learn if you don't know whats right or wrong :p

20. Everon

Everon Registered

You're absolutely right, in this case would have to have been disqualified me, the truth is I could not see the replay.

My apologies, I give you my car.