ARI Fun Race 4 @ Brianza Alternative 10K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

First of all thanks for saying this and you're right; it was a mistake and it happens. But it happens to me every race and it's already started to annoy me......it's just a matter of time before others get annoyed by me (if they are not already).
    It's a fun cup and must stay fun; that's not the fact anymore when every time I get on track, I take someone out........
    I don't want to be the bad guy always taking someone out; it's not fair to the others when I finish their race for them.

So I made up my mind; I really like the club and like to practice with you all, but will stay away from the races; then I just watch and learn.

I did have virtual mirrors on, but still judged way wrong........

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

All I can say is that Im the worst driver in there (till now lol) by far.
    I make lots of mistakes that eventually take people out, as much as Im trying not to cause accidents.
    Same happens to a lot of the fast drivers and cannot be otherwise as we are human.
    But, these are fun races and this is a game, nothing more, nothing less, nobody is having a carrier here that can be destroyed by a (or many) mistake we make.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Even though it's just fun and -indeed- nobody is having a career here, it's still not fun anymore when there's someone in there who drives everybody off.

4. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Watching races is not going to help one bit Nav. You just need to get out there and face the music. The woe is me story won't cut it a ARI, and I mean that in a humours way:p You wont meet a nicer online community. For God sake I hit jesus last race, doesn't get any worse than hitting God's son, Snetterton I hit brian and I'm supposed to be one of the experienced ones out there... it happens. It's a simple as a Sorry, quick chat and move on.

You have everything you need to gain confidence right here with this group.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  5. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I'm not going to post my Spark set up nikos, those EVE drivers will extract crucial information out of it and use it against us for evil...

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

(veeery low voice) ...got it ... I agree...see you latter...

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Even humorous meant, but "woe is me story"? As in I'm making a sad story?
    I'm just sad that it's used on me (humorous or not) and not for the first time; I'm really not sad, but just don't want the be in the way when others do race in a proper way.
    I can wait my turn, no problem; just like to do the right thing and be positive.

I don't know how it comes that I'm coming across all boohoo; maybe my style, but I was trying to be and do positive.

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

There is a way to get mirrors working with the 1960s F3 cars.
    See screen shot--> View attachment 2985

As you all know mirrors work on the Brabham car. What the league host needs to do when he starts up the server is to add 1 AI Brabham car to the server before joining the room. You will then find mirrors work on your F3 car. Once everyone has joined or about to start qualify, this AI car can be booted.

Now everyone be happy, and have a nice crash free race. Go hug a tree or something, and race :D

DJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  10. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Thanks DJ, great find. I'll get on to it asap.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Difference between Spark and Eve in time.

Guys, I just made some calculations because the only difference you can see is top speed; not time really (how much rubber, did you exit well and so on).
    I took the Spark out for a drive with the same setup (I had made setups for both off them, just pointed to top speed because I f*ck up the corners anyway ;) ) and came out on the same settings to get the most out of them.

I measured the top speed on several places on which the second banking; coming out of the parabolica well, shifting to fifth just before the start/finish line; the difference is gone there.

I did not calculate the fact that Spark is coming to top speed slower because I have to have some measurements for that at first and second; that's a differential calculation and come on; it's my day off! ;)

I got a difference in speed of 2 kph what translates in this,

Taking a reference lap time of 3,00 for the Eve, the Spark does + 1,81 seconds.
    Taking a reference lap time of 3,02 for the Eve, the Spark does + 1,82 seconds.

Now the fails just went over, so it could be 2,5 kph what translates:

Ref time 3,00 Eve= +2,28 seconds
    Ref time 3,02 Eve= +2,33 seconds

So there's the official difference for those who want to know :)

12. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Well, after taking a few laps with the Spark just to compare with the same setup as the EVE I've found that (according to my feelings with both cars):

-Spark top speed reached 217 while EVE did 219 (at the very moment you enter the second oval curve).
    -Spark breaks a slight bit better (breaking at the same spot got me reaching a bit earlier to curve speed).
    -Spark (using the same setup) is understeery at corner entry. On the other hand it seems to have a bit better traction at corner exit (at least that is what I felt at Parabolica)
    -Spark was 1.8sec slower than EVE with same setup. Fixing the corner entry understeering I think it could end up being 1.5sec difference.

-I don't feel comfortable with spark's driver's point of view. I prefer Eve's.

13. Slic Sam

Slic Sam Registered

Hi all,
    well it's heating up in Italy. The word around the paddocks is that it won't matter what car your in as it's all about nerves of steel under pressure. Will the Spark shine or will the EVE have one up the sleeve? Can't wait for Sunday nights result.

Signing out,
    Slic

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Welcome TV :)

15. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Please forgive me but who is this Slic Sam?

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hope that's her on the picture.........

17. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Good find DJ,but really ISI needs to fix this problem :).

18. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

:)

19. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Navi May i make an recommendation? Do races offline with an AI @ 115% +\-. This has helped me get better while in the packs of cars i find that the AI take me out now more than I do them you will get better ;). Mess with the aggression too I've only had it @ like 40% maybe 100% will be nuts give it go the only way you'll better at racing is to race .........see you

1 person likes this.
  20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Good idea, will try that, thanks!