A Thank You Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bazza, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Registered

Thank you thank you thank you. :cool:

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes. it was... in those days. Of course I was not trying to compare both titles for current day. it would be useless. But I feel it was more atmospheric than rF is today

I forgot: it is my opinion, not a fact ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol of course it's opinion :)

I don't understand when people complain, "you stated opinion as fact!".... lol that's the normal way to state an opinion :D

Only hear those arguments when they don't like/agree with what you say ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Big Thanks ISI for the work done from rF1 to the current build of rF2, and for the future work on this great project!
    I know also you're working hard to get better experience for AMD users so a big thanks in advance for this ;)
    And Thanks FONismo cause I discovered rF2 was Beta from one of your video found on the Internet! (I can wait for the new one you seems to prepare for Brianza according some screenshot you already posts) :)
    And thanks to the great community we have here! :)

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

If Reiza Studio's deliver with the Camaro in about a weeks time, we'll know that there's without doubt a new player in the sim market, but rf2's weather system could be hard to beat.

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks man! I have another video being done now dedicated to the Brabham, Monza and a sprinkle of SPA of course, may get it finished and out tonight. Video will be fast and immersive just like the sim, lots of 4 wheel drifting. One shot i have is of a drift at full speed near enough, complete opposite lock and you see the loaded tyre lock briefly, so cool. It's a real shame though of lack of smoke on the external replay cams and also all the crazy shaking the external cams have which makes things really awkard, it's overdone IMO and it happens on basically 80% of the cams. Even when enabling freecam you still get the shaking.

I really hope in the future we can edit the cams properly, i.e paths etc to really get some great shots. It's very very restrictive right now

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  7. osella

osella Registered

I think its you who is smoking something. I am smoking too, better than booze lol ;)

I agree that gpl is not nearly as atmospheric and immersive, its old now..

8. tjc

tjc Registered

I can only agree with all of this.

The Historic F1`s etc are just amazing, I love driving these babies on all the Historic tracks we have so far but Monza and Spa are spectacular indeed. So is Monaco, without doubt but Monaco is a different challenge altogether from Monza and Spa but still an awesome drive and looks amazing.

Like you Nismo I`m finding it hard to tear myself away from the BT20 at Monza...:cool:

Btw... (imo)

Gpl is still an amazing sim... yes it`s a bit dated now but still going strong after 14 years so that speaks for itself.

It was the sim that started it all off for me. :)

9. Ian Mills

Ian Mills Registered

Thank you

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

...and it seems Targa is coming to rf2 too :eek::eek::eek:

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thank you to staying true to hardcore sim as you can, too many "sims" now a days and not enough sims, and I aint just talkin about the big 2 console games.

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yep totally, it has given me back the will to race again and just feel so immersed in the sim with these cars, really special.

1959 - Where did you read about Targa? If that is true then that is one hell of a track to intice new members but can imagine that track being alot of work

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

14. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Ontzettend bedankt!

15. Pits

Pits Registered

You haven't read my posts lol.
    I saw this thread and wanted to say thanks as well, I have already had my 100 dollars worth of fun, I work hard and have expectations (that seemed at the start intentionally misleading in RF2) but since build 90 the game has hugely changed for myself and our club.

It's very good in so many aspects even right now and now is when we are racing. I can't stress enough how good this is when I'm informed it is "only a Beta" (still really don't grasp that but doesn't matter)
    A big well done is in order and if there was a Hug icon I think it would be placed, the future looks bright and I don't care the mirrors are black, the ones at the top aren't plus it's forward we need to go.

16. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

Thank you ISI.

17. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

RF2 is right where they need to be for a Beta- So any Negativity if any on here is irrelevant.

18. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Thank You ISI. Great Job - :D

19. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I think what he is trying to say was, At That Time! Indeed GPL was for the diehard sim racer and we belive it just couldn't get any better than that. Heck I remember being blown away by Indy 500 from papyrus.

Remember GPL was 13 years ago. Some of us old Sim racers thought it couldn't get any better tham that and some of you here were just young kids when we were ripping apart our Pentium II 233mhz just to get a few more fps.

Well understood post Maxym.

And thank you ISI, I'm sure some of you at ISI remember the old days and thought the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

cant get over it, such sweet memories, my childhood relived.
    But then, came rf2 Spa, Monza and the Brabham.
    (Lemans, Nordschlieffe, Targa, Historics wont take long I imagine)

Nobody mentions Montjuic, why?