A Thank You Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bazza, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Bazza

Bazza Registered

So much negativity going around I felt I had to say this.

THANK YOU ISI staff for creating a fantastic series of sims (i got my moneys worth for purchase of both rf1 and rf2 lifetime from the first month of owning rf1) and continuing to support and develop them over the years,can't wait to see what becomes of this latest incarnation ones its out of beta and the mods start flowing! Thank you for the great forum also, very well run.

Just as important THANK YOU to the many forum contributors who provide both help and great information, I may not post a whole lot but I do spend a lot of time reading, and well most of the time what i would say has already been said! I honestly think I have learnt a lot more about sim racing/setting up cars/controller here in the last few months than i did in any previous years of sim racing and browsing other forums.

3 people like this.
  2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I don't think there's a lot of negativity, but yes, agree on the Thank You to ISI and the forum contributors :D

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I don't see any negativity or ISI bashing. But I agree with the sentiment, thanks ISI :)

4. osella

osella Registered

I don't think theres much negativity either.
    Most people (not all ofc) try for constructive criticism, which is necessary for development. Just saying everythings perfect wouldn't get us anywhere :). ISI definitely handles criticism very well.

I can say Thanks myself as well!

5. Banger

Banger Registered

two simple words

THANK YOU

6. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Thank you ISI!
    For creating one of the very very few simulations for us devoted office chair racers and for being open for constructive feedback and suggestions.

7. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

thank you

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

There's always some negativity. You can never avoid people with inflated ego, but they're minotry, even if they are loud ( and they usually are :) ) So I wouldn't say there's lots of negativity.

As for saying "thank you" I'll keep that for later. There's still long way to go before I can tell that rF2 has become a quality product. For not I'm happy I can get a decent simulator with lots of good content for a lifetime price comparable to one year subscription at iRacing. I really don't drive every day and having any kind of time-limited access is bad for me.
    I would have no problems with paying for content though (as long as I don't have to pay half the price of average full game for just one track or car :) ).

There's one thing I'd like to thank for allready - for all the contributions on this forum. Especially to Luc for supporting modders :)

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I agree, I sometimes think Luc is spending more time on forum than on his work :p

I hope Gjon doesn't read this :D

10. osella

osella Registered

Well as for myself, I am saying Thank you for rf1, not rf2...
    Currently rf1 is more fun for me. By that I mean thousands hours of fantastic fun though, GTR2 or anything else never hooked me up so much.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

thank you!!!!

12. tjc

tjc Registered

I have heard bits and pieces of negativity but I suppose that`s to be expected and we do need be honest in our testing and feedback so rf2 will grow the way it should/we want it to but yes, ISI deserve a thank you already so thanks ISI.

I`m already looking forward to future builds and ofcourse the finished product, take your time though guys. I`d far rather wait longer for a great sim than have a rush job.

Cheers. :)

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Not too much negativity here I think.

Once rFactor2 is finished it will be leading the way in the amount of variables a sim racer has to deal with when sim racing. That will be fact. It's a great sim already and improving as the months pass.

viva ISI. :D

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thank you ISI! especially for all historic F1 content that have, and will, be released. I will not regret a single coin I spent on this fantastic game :)

15. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks for all your hard work ISI, it really is appreciated. :)

16. alister667

alister667 Registered

Hear hear, it must be an almost unimaginable amount of work for such a small team to do such a big project. Thanks for all the effort ISI. And the patience.

17. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

I haven't seen too much bad stuffs.
    Which is due to the calibre of the beta testing community.
    So there's 2 lots of thanks due.
    It's a timely thread after build 90
    Thanks x 2:cool::cool:
    There's a couple of great forums about
    This is one of em.

18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

+1 i can't believe how good Monza and the Brabham are. I can not tear myself away from the combo and also SPA. It feels like GPL in 2012! I just love the passion that has gone into this sim. It's gonna be THE sim for me for years to come. It goes sideways so easy with just coming off the throttle harsh enough and can be held for some amazing 4 wheel drifts. It has now shot to the top of my sim car list without a doubt the best sim car i have driven.

First sector at Monza is all sideways, so fun!

Has there ever been a more immersive, atmospheric sim created? I really don't think so. I am really looking forward to AC aswell but man it will have to be really really good to beat this sim. rF2 right now is way beyond any other sim IMO in terms of tactile feel. It feels a true next gen sim.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

GPL. But it was ages ago. :)

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You must be smoking something :p

GPL was awesome... but more immersive? More atmospheric?

Not even close.