Still got the shifting bug in the new build..

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Dagonath, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Dagonath

Dagonath Registered

I haven't played rF2 in quite a while because of the frustration of this bug, and I was hoping that the new build would have fixed this..

When I'm going in high speed on a straight and I'm about to shift down to prepare for the forthcoming turn (using my G27 H-shifter) my wheels lock up for about a second (when I put the gear in) even though I've got my foot on the clutch.
    It's VERY annoying to do a wheel spin for something that isn't your fault..

Does anyone know if the Devs are checking the forums or are this just some kind of group therapy page for people that are frustrated over the Beta?

Did a similar thread in the 85 build forum, but since they haven't fixed the bug, I thought I ought to remind them.

2. Bazza

Bazza Registered

Odd one, can't say I have had it myself, but i do use a g25.

One thing, do you use auto clutch?

That being said i doubt the auto clutch would cause this from experience in rf1.

I don't use auto clutch, have never liked it,have noticed with some people though they have no comprehension of matching revs on downshifts with blips and get uncontrollable comp lock-ups without it as a result.

Not saying the above is the case with you, just trying to help.Maybe try auto clutch and/or some more aggressive throttle blips on downshifts under hard braking.

HTH

3. Dagonath

Dagonath Registered

Haven't got any assists on.

I'm very aware that you need to rev match (using heel-toe braking ie) but the odd thing is that after the wheel lock is over (usually settles after a second), you can engine brake normally (releasing the clutch)

In short:
    -Foot on clutch and putting in a lower gear (using the H-shifter)
    -Wheels lock up for a second or two (still got my foot on the clutch)
    -Settles (still got my foot on the clutch)
    -Now I can either rev match and release the clutch or engine brake by releasing it slowly

Cheers!

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I can feel it too when I want to use engine brakes (G25). And I can see something which look like the same issue; when I'm in pit just before practicing, engine start automatically, I fully press clutch and set my first gears, and here the car have a short but violent forward movement before stopping, even if my clutch didn't move and stay pressed. It's short, less than a second, and shouldn't happen imo...