Wish List - Real Side Mirror's adjustability.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by RSR_Shags, Jun 19, 2012.

1. RSR_Shags

RSR_Shags Registered

Wish list topic - Side Mirrors FOV adjustability correction.

When in car - cockpit view you can adjust the angles displayed in the side mirrors via holding the shift key and toggling the Seat movement buttons fore/aft/up/down keys.

Problem is, the allowed viewing angles are to narrow in game and you simply can not achieve a realisticly simulated side mirror FOV.

Now in a real scenario one can and would most likely adjust the side mirrors in such a way that they could just see the edge of their own car just on the inside edge of their mirror's on both sides of the car.

In the sim however, the mirror wont come in that far and the result is a FOV that doesn't really give you any idea where the hell the trailing vehicle/vehicles really are.. Is it one car width over? Is it two? Maybe three?

Could someone here from the ISI please bring this to the DEV TEAMS attention and get us a reply on if this is going to be corrected?

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

3. RSR_Shags

RSR_Shags Registered

Ummm I kinda said that in my post and I think my point was lost on you.

The Adjustable angle ranges are to narrow and do not reflect the way you would set it up in real life.

That is you want to just be able to see the side of your OWN car in the mirror's, just as you do in your real daily driver...

Could someone here from the ISI please bring this to the DEV TEAMS attention and get us a reply on if this is going to be corrected?

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Think I may be a bit lost on your point too, I have plenty of adjustment.

[​IMG]

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You were using Shift+ seat view to adjust ALL the mirrors at once. That will not work for what you want.

What I was trying telling you is that if you adjust side mirrors individually, you can get the angle you want.

Did you even try it?

Nope.