Build 90 SLI Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by otta56, Jun 17, 2012.

1. otta56

otta56 Registered

The latest build appears to have an sli issue. When running Brianza, Spa and Monaco, the screen image will momentarily freeze, turn black and then recover after about 2-3 seconds. After recovery, one gpu is running at 99% utilization and the second gpu runs at 28-32% utilization. Fps is high single digits to low teens with lots of stuttering. This did not occur in build 85. See attached graph. Settings were 16xQ in the NVidia ctrl panel, multiview and windowed in rF2. Multiview only showed the same results.

View attachment 2875

2. otta56

otta56 Registered

NVidia 304.48 Driver Shows Improved Results

The latest NVidia beta driver (304.48) appears to resolve the sli issue although it does not eliminate it. There was one frozen screen and a moment when the cards fell out of sync although the drivers did recover and carry on. Outage was about 2 seconds. See attached graph.

View attachment 2885

Stuttering is much improved and both GPUs utilization is 99% although framerates for Brianza and Spa vary from 19 fps -55 fps depending on the course location. Average fps in trees is 30-35 on both courses with 15 AI, all settings at max including shadows, 16xQ AA, no transparency in the NVidia panel setting. Aliasing is clearly evident at these settings.

1 person likes this.
  3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

4. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

I'm having similar issues....fps from 10-20 and I'm running 304.48 on a GTX 690. My old GTX 670 ran at 60 fps at 1080p.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Those drivers improved the smoothness for me too, a LOT but without having SLI, just one GTX 260.

So these drivers are always nice I think :)

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

I'm still having SLI problems, huge drops in fps from 140 - 5 at Portugal. New driver has reduced the stutters when I use a single 680 on three screens and SLI is smoother too when I don't get the big drops... I'm thinking a new SLI profile for 6 series cards is needed from Nvidia.

7. oc_geek

oc_geek Registered

I had reported same exact issue @Portugal with Nvidia SLI 680 (triple screen) i was dropping from 140 to 20ish in few hot spots of the track.
    I found out that it is due to the mirrors. If i switch mirrors off the drops in fps are gone....looks a bit weird :(
    Check if that works for you as well

I did test on single screen / single card as well and while less noticeable (fps is above 200) the hard drops are there indeed

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Cheers mate, will try that tomo! Sounds exactly the same as me, I tested with a single screen and dropped from 200+ to 50fps.

9. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

what Im noticing is in Triple Screen if some cars get on the side screens I get massive FPS drops.. but if I get them on the center.. everything is cool.

Even if the cars arent visible because of a wall or something blocking them in the side screens it still drops too low

ps: I ran iracing maxed out in triples with cars at SPA and average 80 fps

10. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Be a good idea to add your specs to your profile Duarte :)

11. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

I tried turning off mirrors...went to 26-45 fps, but still even in the 40s it wasn't running properly. It is a jittery mess. Hope there is a resolution for multi-gpu.

12. coops

coops Banned

luc: answered me about this will be fixed in next update

13. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

Sure my specs are: i5 2500k no overclock, 8GB RAM, 2X GTX 570 HD, windows 7 64bit

14. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Okay, some very strange test results from this evening :

I thought I'd try turning off mirrors to see if that fixed my frame drops on Portugal so I put my second 680 back into my rig. For some reason I'm now getting huge stutters on all tracks using the same settings as before and fps in the region of 70.

Now here's the really weird bit, if I enable 3D vision I still get stutters but if I turn on Multiview as well as 3D vision I get butter smooth gameplay with fps between 30 and 70 with a 14 car grid, all settings maxed apart from shadows on medium, HDR on, AA at level 1...

Why on earth would turning on 3D vision and Multiview sort out my stutters?? Tried Multi view on without 3D vision and my FPS locks to around 20 with stutters!! Tried deleting my PLR file and turning Sync on but neither of these help.

If anyone can make sense of this please let me know lol! I still suspect that this is a Driver problem (still using 304.48) but I'm not enough of a PC tech head to know for sure...

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

16. coops

coops Banned

17. mxstud

mxstud Registered

thought i would add in my 2 cents worth.....

i run 1090t cpu oc'ed to 4ghz 4gigs of ram 2x 470 sli'ed using hypersli patch all using either a 1080p 23.8" monitor, or 720p 32" TV

regardless of what monitor i use, i never get stuttering, only thing that changes is the resolution for 1920x1080 to 1360x768 i have everything maxed out, but also Direct3D Overrider to force triple buffering and vsync, leaving ingame vsync off, also i limit my fps to 58 using nvidiainspector supposed to help with micro shutters/vsync caused input lag idk never noticed any real difference, but also was never really having issues, just wanted to stop any potential issues and my nvidia driver version is 301.42.

18. otta56

otta56 Registered

NVidia 304.79 Driver Shows Improved Results

The new NVidia 304.79 beta driver appears to have resolved the SLI issue for build 90. Stuttering caused by the clock and synchronization mismatches in an SLI configuration are gone. Performance remains the same in terms of frame rates. See the attached jpg for details. Test track was Brianza.

View attachment 3045

The other issues with variable frame rates and 'rubber banding' of frame rates slowing down and speeding up remain. Settings are the same as for the 304.48 driver results reported earlier in this thread.

19. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Hi otta56,

I'm going to do some testing of rF2 on my spanky new GTX680 4GB SLI setup over the weekend. I'm interested in comparing results (from another thread ref VRAM)) to your 2GB setup and also to see if I get any difference to you on the stutters, rubber banding etc from you ref this thread.

In order for a fair comparison, what tool are you using to get those graphs above?

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Nvidia Inspector