My opinion of physics

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Iketani, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Iketani

Iketani Registered

The FFB has improved a little, but not sufficiently. And the physics I think that needs to improve a lot. Formua 1960 and GTWEC good, but Formula Master for example, seems like dancing in the track, and it isn't giving sensations to driver.

Edit: Sorry I haven't installed Real Head Motion Plugin. I will test more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  2. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

you know the new feautures of rfactor2? one is the real track technology or something called like this.I tell you because there are a lot people that take a car, make 2 laps and just think that dont liked the car physics etc.
    The track is very different with grip, and also, of course, the car behavior is different. Take a while and test the cars on relax mode.

3. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Ok thanks I will try. I had bad configuration of FFB and Head movement, but I will try to make more laps...

4. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I think that the problem it's FFB.

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I had practice in our league F3 @ Monaco yesterday and I noticed that after few minutes of rain track was much faster (even on dry tires) than on dry condition.

6. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I have done many laps and the car slides rarely in some situations... and the FFB it's bad for me.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what wheel are you using? that may help others track down what you're on about.

8. Iketani

Iketani Registered

G27. But... the sliding problem it isn't by FFB I think.

9. elmenda33

elmenda33 Registered

Same for me...

10. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I have the t500 rs, so sometimes when I read that someone does not like the force feedback I'm quite puzzled

11. Iketani

Iketani Registered

I don't mean fast or slow, I mean sensations of simulation, that I don't find exactly :/

12. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Thanks Cangrejo. Now I like drive more drive rFactor 2 with the correct controller configuration. Steering torque filter="8" (previous configuration for heavy vibrations) to Steering torque filter="0".

13. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Glad you've solved, Iketani. I am convinced that many people with very high values ​​in the steering torque filter, because of the problem we had in the first version of the beta with the noises in the steering wheel. Now we don´t need to put the filter with a high value and we can set to 0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  14. Iketani

Iketani Registered

And do you recommend put all values to default? I had also modified Steering Strength effects amd Jold Magnitude values, but I have put to default now.

I have done some laps with the correct configuration of FFB and I'm still thinking about bad physics or bad FFB. I don't feel the poise in asphalt, as other sims.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  15. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

My opinion is that in the rfactor2 universe gravity works at about 75% of normal. Sometimes you get into a slide even at slow speed that is just not recoverable, ( I know I would recover it in any car I have ever driven for real and thats quite a few) it's like you are floating or on ice. When you collide with a barrier at these slow speeds the car is catapulted 20 feet into the air like you were going 100 mph. Viewing it in a replay it looks almost comical, if it wasn't such a wind up it would be. I'm pretty happy with the game (lets face it Sim is not a word you can use currently) in all other areas. Unfortunately the handling and physics are the most important thing and they are just wrong, wrong, WRONG! FPS and graphics have improved with each release but not this and it's getting frustrating.

I use a fannytec gt3, cs pedals, rennsport cockpit and eyefinity. I use the full degrees of rotation for whatever car I'm in (obviously I want it to be as real as possible)

Please ISI concentrate on what's important, accurate physics.

16. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Hummm....how to get happy with the game when the physics are wrong, wrong, WRONG? :p

I think you've to be more patient, spending 10 minutes to warm up the tires (remember that the tire model is still in a wip stage) and other 60/120 minutes to find the good car setting per track/condition...You can easily spin in a slow U turn just for a bad locking differential and/or cold tires (and many other parameters...).. This is exactly how a RACING car have to react in the real world.

The impact/collision simulation is still young (and much more complex) but I personally do not care (it's not a priority) about a perfect simulation of something is putting me out for the rest of the session...:)

17. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Maybe I should change title name to "My opinion of FFB" but I don't like much the sensations.

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You're not going to please everybody that's guaranteed. I've done full fuel runs with the FR3.5 and I think the tire model is fantastic for a WIP.

my two cents.

19. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I can assure you I have given it many hours of my time, many laps of the same circuit peeing about with settings. Its not tyre temps, and unless you are racing nobody collision is important. WIP yes I just want them to work in that area a bit more please if it isn't too much trouble :)
    I have faith it will get better, at the moment I find it so inconsistent that it frustrates me to drive, not encourages me to tweak.
    Still a lifetime member, and I will wait patiently (ish)