[Released] TrackMap 0.91beta for rFactor2

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by fazerbox, Jun 16, 2012.

1. _KrustY_

_KrustY_ Registered

he did well with v 0.9
    bye

2. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

are you saying v90 wouldn't stutter w/ dedicated server running ?

3. _KrustY_

_KrustY_ Registered

I'm saying that even in trackmap v 0.9 flashed with the dedicated server running
    bye

4. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

ok, so this was a problem carried over from previous build .... thx

5. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Nice, i always liked this plugin from rf1 :)

6. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

possible solution for Flickering while running Dedicated Server:

i created a 2nd install of rf2 [on same hard drive]
    ran the dedicated server from this 2nd install

when i started my normal / original of rf2 & joined the server = no flickering

7. Gartzen

Gartzen Registered

Hi!

I installed this plugin, and it's awesome. You can get the info you want, and place it where you want in the screen. I've got a suggestion though. Could you add box for the flags/fuel/penalties so we can move it around? That would be great.

Thanks anyway!!

8. dulk

dulk Registered

is it possible to make this plugin work on win8 release preview 64bit EN?
    I tried but after instalation rf2 is not starting.

9. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Sorry, but at the moment I can't test Plugin on Win8 because I haven't it . When I will have it I will do same tests.

Cheers,
    Max.

10. dulk

dulk Registered

it looks the problem is with d3d9 file.

win 8 release preview is free
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download

the system is great comparing to vista/win7 because works much faster
    and at least on my config RF2 has much less stutter
    so I hope you will give it a try - the miss of your plugin on win8 is really painfull
    by the way thank you for your great work

11. rzr65

rzr65 Registered

I am using TM at Win 8 final and it works well.

12. dulk

dulk Registered

great news. do you run RF2 in win xp mode or something like that?

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Is there something I can do to prevent cycling between whole map and rotating view? Thanks.

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Anyone?

15. DocJones

DocJones Registered

This is a great plugin, fazerbox. What I am struggling with is customization of widgets/objects/profiles and LCDs though.

Maybe you could shed some light on a few questions:
    How can I put, for instance, all elements from LAPS.txt and PLACES.txt together into one widget/object/profile (unfortunately there is an inconsistency in terminology in files and manual. :( Not sure how to call it.)?

I created a bigger LAPS.tga, changed info in Background = line, copied all elements from PLACES.txt (except Background = line of course) to LAPS.txt. The LAPS box has a different size ingame, but still only info on laps is available as if I hadn't added all the elements for 'pos' label, place, number of cars. What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible that way?

In the readme on page 8 it says A box can contain more objects, and will be show in vertical order. Ok, so I guess I also have to edit trackmapconf.txt where info on those boxes is at. What I am missing though is a description or an example on how to add more than just one object to a box. Tried things like { ShowPlace=Laps, ShowLaps=Laps} and { ShowPlace, ShowLaps=Laps} - still only info on laps. What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible?

Wait. Maybe not, since this is just a beta of TrackMap for rF2. But there's those LCDs. There are different infos in one widget/box. So I tried changing one of those. Got the gap to car in front and back working. Got the session timer working. Got the lap counter working. (Well in race that is, in practice it reads '2147483647' for whatever reason.) No luck with LABELLAPS though. For NUMDRIVERS I get 150409576 instead of the actual number of cars. PLACE and LABELPOS don't show up at all.

I guess I have these pointing to a wrong row of numbers or text or text&numbers? Oh, by the way. What's the difference between TextureTextHUD0-5 and ...\TrackMap\Images\Text1-3? It would be great to have comments in the widget.txt files about what file they use for text and numbers (and why).

Again, it's a great plugin :) with a lot of potential. If it only was customizable and it was documented properly. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  16. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I played around some more with this cool plugin. A lot of trial and error, but quite happy with the result for now. The idea came from this thread and within the possibilities of this plugin I created something that suits my needs and my desire for a clean hud appearance.
    View attachment 4475

From left to right there are
    - fastest lap of the session
    - personal fastest lap
    - last lap
    - sectortime difference compared to personal fastest lap
    - gap to car in front and car behind
    - local (realworld) time (not really necessary, but might be handy at times)
    - time left in session
    - lap (of x laps, if avail. in race)
    - current position

That's pretty much all I need in a race. No more flicking though the standart hud in races. :cool:

Currently this is a big, big puzzle with different 'boxes' on top of each other though as it seems impossible to combine certain elements in one box. Which I am not particularly happy with. The base layer with gaps and sectortime difference even is an 'LCD' element, which is a bummer as (I think) I can't activate a 2nd LCD at the same time that I could move around freely. Might be handy at times. I Couldn't find another way to use gaptimes and sectortimes other than to put it in an 'LCD'. On top of that I placed an edited version of 'SplitTime2' box (on the left) and on the right it's really a puzzle of edited versions of 'Laps', 'Place' and 'Timer' boxes on top of each other in the right order to cover unwanted information that seems hardcoded in the defaultboxes.

There are a few questions (or wishes for future updates). I was wondering if it was possible to have sectortime differences for every sector at the same time? Something like this (photoshopped, idea taken from the 'clean timing' thread again):
    View attachment 4474

Also it would be great if the T1/2/3 label could be separated from the numbers themselfs like with the 'lap' label for laptimes or 'pos' label for position. Unfortunately, this is not consistently handled through the plugin. I would like it to be able to remove or edit every label. Choosing a different text sizes between label and numbers, for instance. Like in the above screens most of the labels are smaller than their numbers. It's better readable in race situations that way, imo. The labels were done with photoshop on the boxes' backgrounds though, the standart labels were removed from 'SplitTime2', 'laps' and 'place'. That wasn't possible in the 'timer' box though, so I had to cover the unwanted labels with an specifically shaped background for 'laps' box... not really happy with that solution.

Also what I'd really like to see in the future was a list of all the available elements. And to be able to put them all in one box instead of stacking different boxes on top of each other to achieve the same result. Same with LCDs. There are only few elements that work in an LCD, not all of them. How come, and could this be changed?

Anyways, thanks for a great plugin, fazerbox.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK maybe if I take the time to make a video someone can take the time to reply???

18. walshtimothy

walshtimothy Registered

i think you just set it in the plug in config to static or rotating ( or none ) , cheers , Tim.

19. walshtimothy

walshtimothy Registered

Helmet view with track overlay

Hi all , just to give you an update on a bit of tinkering I did with this ( ps - Fazerbox - AWESOME mod man !!! :)

I love having a realistic camera view and this was the mod for me , effectively replacing rfdynhud for rf2 , please see my video below - ps , I have all other overlays set to off in this vid for realism , other overlays work with this camera view , the camera view is a 1920 x 1080 pixel overlay so it can be anything you want ( including a goggle view for the classic F1 series ... :)

hope you like - all credit to ISI for a great game and Fazerbox for an outstanding mod !!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK I doubt anyone is going to respond so I'll just report that plugin splash screen obscures rf2 menus b/c is on while in menus also. Fix it if you want...