general gameplay bugs

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Nelson, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Nelson

Nelson Registered

just noticed a few things with version 90 (some of them were already in 85). I am sorry if they were already mentioned:

gameplay:
    - during AI races with increased tyre wear, the AI seem to waste their tyres much more than human drivers. this makes AI stop pit stop for no obvious reason very early in races, while your own tyres are still in good shape
    - the "view next / previous vehicle" option does not work correctly: everytime I want to replay an incident involving an AI car, I have to skip through the whole field, till I'm lucky enough to find the specific AI car I was looking for. the "view next / previous vehicle" algorithm should work in that way that you skip to the car whick is physically the closest to the one you're currently watching. EDIT: Actually, I am not sure about this right now - it just worked as it should. :confused:

graphics:
    - if you stop your car inside a gravel trap and steer, a lot of small stones (whick look like popcorn :p) start flying over over your front wheels. basically, it is a good effect, but not when the car is stopped
    - smoke effects are missing in replay mode
    - the graphics in mirrors are much brighter compared to normal view from cockpit or onboard perspectives
    - I have texture bug with the FISI when watching from tv-camera: the car paint/livery is also under the car. this does not happen when using onboard or driving cams. see exact same replay scene from different cams/perspectives:

View attachment 2848

View attachment 2849
    - when pressing both "look left" and "look right" at the same time in the megane, the view goes backwards as it should, but it shows the driver's body model (without helmet)

View attachment 2847

safety car related (tested with FISI)
    - safety car has no sound. although their engine sound would probably not be heard inside a F1 car, there should be some engine ound coming from the safety car, especially when viewing from tv or outside cams
    - the safety car seems to slide a lot when turning into corners and drive very roughly in corners in general. that both results in heavy tyre smoke coming from the AI. safety should drive very smooth lines
    - AI cars do not close up quick enough
    - EDIT: AI cars use DRS under Full-course yellow

sounds:
    - clio engine sound bug (already mentioned)
    - there needs to be some overall sound level balancing. e.g. the sounds of the FISI are much louder that megane - which is natural, of course. but since it's a computer game/racing sim you don't want to adjust the headphone or speaker volume all the time when changing from one racing series to another

nevertheless: Thank you ISI for the new update. personally, I am not into the vintage cars/tracks, but many others are enjoying them very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Apex240

Apex240 Registered

One thing driving me crazy is the AI grinding you to a halt and usually dragging you off line (and track) after they contact you from behind or the side even. It reminds me of the old "Sports Car Gt" days. I for one am loving the new tire model though and I cant wait for more variety in rF2.