F3 Fanatics

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

I have been having major problems with current build, one of them being that whenever I try do download a vmod, I get the same error as you Durge. When I did get thru to the server list earlier tonight I tried connecting to F3 Fanatics resulting in same error.

2. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I just joined successfully. Get Mod worked. However when exiting MM after leaving the server, rF2 crashes

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Sorry DD... As it turns out some people were able to join last night... Cambo was one. Gingerbread Man was another.

I still don't know why you or I for that matter couldn't get the track from the server. It used to work last build.

BB

4. Geo_F1

Geo_F1 Registered

Just wonna said about the server :

Two month I drove here ( since I buy Rf2 ), whit a real pleasure, whit Durge, Ginger, HardtoHandle, Luis Ham, Corvette, Skyfox ect...
    I spend lot of good times.

Yesterday, after our F1 league race, I decide to go enjoy the server whit others drivers.
    At the end, I was "banned" or "booted".

If i understood, my mistake would have been to be too fast in the first corner, when I started in back.
    Hmm, Maybe, i'll do more slowly next one..

But anyway, you told me Brian I touch you twice => Booted.
    For being honest, I ask my three friends now watch their replay, cause I did not understain.
    And they did not see me hit any....That's maybe why one of them had a bad reaction. ( I'm sorry )

In practice we all do mistakes and I was sorry to touch you and told you, at the start of the night...

Rfactor2 do not have a large community and I find it unfortunate that for so little, I do not have the opportunity to advantage of a server with good drivers in historical mod.
    I'm sure to not be an "unfair" driver, I pilot in Rfactor1 since 6 years in League, I think I have minimum experience for have clean race...

So I can apologies lot of times, I dont really know why you do that about myself, its a bit unfair and maybe you have just to take a step back, when you manage server...
    I hope to can back drove soon.. Thanks you. ( And sorry my bad english :( )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I sorry man you always been fair driver to me, I am sure it was just a misunderstanding,

And some people get surprised by F3 with full tanks, I have seen many people understeer and fail to stop for corners.

Also F3 is very frustrating if you fast pilot and you cant seem to get to speed with others.

I have one method for all of you okay.

No matter if you hit someone or someone hits you, count to 10 then say " sry" :)

Works a treat. :)

6. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

having issues since yesterday to get on the server anyone have any thoughts?

7. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

I´m having issues since ever with DD and BB F3 servers after this build.
    Good thing is not being able to join i discover IFS3 and modern Monza. Great AI.

About GeoF1, it is clearly a misunderstanding.

8. Bryan Birtwell

Well Luis, we'll miss you around the F3Fanatics.

And, about GeoF1... Four starts... Four collisions within the first 30 seconds of the race in different places. I'll chock it up to lag. I have PMed him about the whole thing.

I hope you enjoy IFS3.

Bryan

9. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Thanks Bryan, hope they have sorted out already this join button gray out on upcoming build release so i can hang with you guy again more often. Until then im wishing that you and gman soon get along together again.

About Geo, what can i say is i see him often in server with modern open wheel cars. Maybe thats happen because lack of experience in the F3 and since he is used to fighting for first positions on that type of vehicle, he maybe could using the wrong approach with F3 driving style. He should take some classes at "Durge´s flying out of track school server"

Besides that, hiss avatar is a photo with Alain Prost. I would forgive more mistakes from him just because of that. :))

10. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

Hey Bryan,
    Wanted to join you guys in some racing but found your site grayed out. I've upgraded to build 494 but I'm now reading that some people are having connection problems. It looks like that is what's going on but if not, let me know what I need to do.

I've not been around since discovering the NASCAR racing on iRacing. I love a challenge and right now learning to drive stock cars on ovals has me addicted. I've owned all the Papyrus NASCAR sims but never tried to go online to race with other people. Now I found a sim for ovals but I'm rediscovering rF2 since they've upgraded the graphics. Also the Indianapolis mod with the Dallara Indy cars will really bring back a lot of former rF2's that now reside at iRacing. Hopefully we can have the vintage Indy cars to go with it. BTY, my first sim will always be rFactor2. Right now I'm just playing the field.

11. Bryan Birtwell

Hey Rob,

Sorry you had difficulties.

I try to check on the server from time to time.

I reboot it once a day.

Bryan

12. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

Hey guy's getting a new problem for joining get an error saying the mod could not be installed even tho I have the track cars.This 494 build is killing the game for me they need to get this sorted or back to playing mindless gt6 on the console for me..... yuk, but at least i get a online game playing experience.

13. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy,

I would need more details.

When I make a vMOD, I make it on the server itself. Then I get the chance to see if it works on my home machine. I have had no problems getting the vMOD from the server.

The problem may be gone anyways as I updated the server to 1.590 yesterday.

Thanks,

Bryan

14. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Question, Tried to get on today with Panzo and Lemans. It install the mod but then came up could not connect to server. On the side it says Client version does not match.

15. Bryan Birtwell

I don't know if that is referring to the track's version or the version of rF2.

Server has Lime Rock loaded on it now. See if the problem still exists.

Thanks,

Bryan

16. SVO

SVO Registered

A shout out to BB's F3 Fanatics Server! There is a great bunch of racers that frequent this server and they have been extremely helpful with people like me that are not road course junkies. Again, thanks for the help from many of you and a BIG thanks to Bryan B.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thought I'd ask here first as you guys are so passionate about F3s. The ffb on the F3s seems to be superior to many of the other mods. Do you guys agress? Do you know why? I was flying down Transfagarasan North in the Spark and just simply overwhelmed with immersion. Incredible that ISI doesn't have these puppies in demo.

18. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I agree but I dunno why it's better. By far the best feeling to my taste and the most fun. The other 60's OW are just as good, not just the F3's! Fun Fun Fun!

19. Bryan Birtwell

So that's what F3 Stands for (Fun X 3).

I'll finally sleep tonight! : )

Bryan

20. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

no not karts anything but karts!!!!!!!!