G27 with Brabham at Brianza

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Alan Frost, Jun 15, 2012.

1. raekwon

raekwon Registered

the ffb code has some serious problem in curbs and off track... i hope this will be fixed!!! its one of the most important thing!!!
    and from ISI i would have expected it to be already solved...beacause is something from day 1 of beta! :(

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

ISI have already said about the reasons standing behind the issue. They are working on that but it requires some time to be developed.

3. raekwon

raekwon Registered

good to know! :)

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Yup, good to know it's an acknowledged issue. The sim is largely undrivable for me unless the G2x wheel behavoir can be fixed. I wish this would be resolved soon. There are a lot of us with these wheels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  5. Alan Frost

Alan Frost Registered

Many thanks for this, but by the time it makes a difference it feels like I'm driving Race 07! I prefer keep everything on default because the feel is fantastic.

For now I'll leave the oval alone - I don't want to damage my wheel or upset my family with the noise. The same goes for Monaco with the F3.5.

In the meantime, the Brabham is outstanding fun on the Brianza F1 circuit, if I stay on the road...

6. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Yep on default settings it's a wheel breaker. They will have to address it before release as the Logitech G25/27 are owned by a huge number of people and there will be a lot of people not privy to rFactor so won't know about the steering torque filter setting let alone other little tweaks in the PLR. I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it.

FFB feels great on 0 when you keep it on the island, but off it, ouch!

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Guys...

This was originally posted by buddhatree over at NG and I`m sure he posted somehwere around here too but as it might help some people I thought I`d post it up here. It has definitely reduced the shaking and rattling for me with the G25 and although it`s still pretty bumpy I can drive the Old Monza banking...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  8. Jos

Jos Registered

I hope the devs will make this problem high priority...

9. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

I hope what ever they are doing will not affect belt driven wheels. It feels great on my Fanatec just like it is without any filtering.
    Sadly gear driven wheels are known to be very noisy in some circumstances. Espacially the G27. Two G27 i´ve tried 2 years ago made loud clonky (i hope the right word) noises while right steering. I think it was due to the helical gears where the axle of one of the two FFB Motors gets pulled out of the Motor a few millimeters and snaps back in when the counterforces ( Player on the Rim vs FFB Motor) go away very fast. When this happens many times a second (rattling) i can understand your pain.
    G27 owners can test this by driving the bankings in Monza the wrong way so they have to steer left. Does it sound different, less noisy?

Maybe i couldnt make it clear enough, english is not my native language :-(

Edit: Look at this pictures, maybe you can follow a little better when you know how it looks

http://jlvrh.de/G27.htm

digi

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

well...Ill insist on this and maybe Im wrong.
    I keep low at ffb, 40%.
    I use centering spring, 20 or 40% depending on track. (20% at Monaco, 40% at Monza)
    I feel the grip absolutely, I feel ffb and dont wake up anyone.
    Tried ffb at 100%, feel didnt get any better, just more sudden changes in forces I didnt enjoy at all.
    Am I so wrong?

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I mainly use same settings than the ones posted by gears/tjc69 and rattles/shakes are effectively at an acceptable level for my G25. My torque filter are set to 6 and I also changed the Off-road multiplier to 0.10 instead of default 0.15 and it's really fine.

My main problem is feeling with centering. I mean, in normal car (I never drove a race car) when you release the wheel after a curve, it "naturally" return to center due to force on tires I guess. I don't have this with historical cars (I mainly drive those cars) and rF2. Also, in a straight line, if I release the wheel it will begin to move left-right more and more and that's don't feel to be the good behavior. I guess the profiler "Center Spring" is done for this, but I saw than everybody (but you 1959nikos ) have this value set to zero so I'm not sure this is the good solution...I need to test that probably... or any other suggestions?

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I had exactly the same problem, wheel not feeling natural. After enabling center spring, problem solved. It almost steers by itself in some sudden bumpy places and u dont have to chase it. U just leave it do its thing and it comes back in ur palm as a true wheel would imho.

Downside is u have to lower ffb otherwise it feels like parking a old non assisted truck.
    Interestingly I didnt sense a loss of road feel after lowering ffb,almost the opposite as my palms sense the wheel opposed to fighting it.

Third wheel I had, my G25, started with ms sidewinder, followed by Momo Logitech but Im really curios myself why Im the only one with those settings. (same situation at rf1 too)

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks. I'll made the test tonight, and perhaps we will be the only two with those settings if it's fine ;) I'll post my results here.

14. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Spent a little more time with this track. Falling in love with it... I just want the FF effects tamed :D

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Nikos, I saw your "zzzzz" post and understood I forget something here, so here it is! ;)

Ok, I made this test, setting FFB at 40% and the Centering Spring 40% using Monza and BT20 as a test.

First, I had a strange bug which prevented me to make this test: In the Logitech Profiler (last available version), changing specific settings for rF2 simply don't work. It work fine with rF1 (I tested it right after) and my specific settings for rF2 are not used when I change them and launch rF2 using the Profiler. The only way was to change General Setting of the Profiler. As rF1 accept my specific settings (and some other games usually), and not rF2 I think it's a problem with rF2. I tried to delete and create again a specific settings without more success. So I changed my General settings to match yours.

Side note: I often play with my children and change usually general settings (lowering FFB to around 10%) to adapt all cars games I have "below", and launch the game I choose not using the Profiler but directly the game shortcut. Like this I avoid changing each specific settings of each games. That's probably why I never noticed this bug before. So be careful if you have the same bug as you may think you're driving with 40% ffb but you're using in fact general settings...

Ok, so 40 %ffb is really too light for me, I cannot "feel" the road and my car, and missed a lot of relief, sliding when braking, etc. and I was unable to take a single curve without spinning. Anyway, the Centering Spring have a some notifiable effect. I raise the FFB to my usual 95% and it was really better. I "feel" all and drive really better. Anyway, at low or high speed, the centering Spring don't really fix the issue of not having the wheel going straight by itself when you release it, and the "oscillation" still there if I release the wheel (left-right more and more). I pushed the value of this Centering Spring more and more and I had the impression it take more importance than values sent by the game to the wheel (hard to explain in English, sorry) so I lost sensation.

So I still not really convinced...

I think if we choose to let the game modify those settings like we do usually, this Centering problem should be resolved by the game devs (if I'm not the only one to be uncomfortable with it off course). I have other racing games which don't have this problem and settings say the same than rF2: no centering spring in profiler. Off course, no ones have the same FFB quality than rF2, so perhaps it's a compromise...

So for now I prefer to stay with my settings (gears ones) and fight with wheels even on straight lines ;) So you still the one using those settings Nikos. If you feel better with those settings that's fine and the only good reason to keep them. In other words, you're unique ;)

1 person likes this.
  16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

17. Heddly

Heddly Registered

I bought the "Life Time Membership" so I have time to wait for a fix for my G27. LOL

Seriously I have not tested for over a week because of this problem. I hope it can be resolved soon.

I will wait for more positive results before spending time on this. rFactor2 and no G27 wheel yet???

:confused:

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've set it to 28. Then I increased overall effects strengh in Logitech profiler to 150%, and increased it in game as well, FFB from 1.00 to 1.20. Now I got perfect feeling in my G27 (with the Brabham at least). No more crazy rattling :)

19. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

I really think the FFB works great! It really gives you the feeling of how horrible was that road! You just need to hold the wheel very well! You think racing that cars were like driving your "normal" ones on the road today? lol

Please ISI don't change this!

20. Jos

Jos Registered

if it can be fixed without numbing the ffb i say fix it.