Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twista

Twista Registered

I'm glad it's not just me that's spotted these! They're also at Monaco.

2. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Nope. My sentence is logically correct.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok then

4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I did that, thought it'd be a good idea to try that out. Followed the video ISI put out a few weeks back and it was very simple to create and install. Should be very quick to do with just a little practice.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah I did some last week, linking mods to tracks for offline play is wrong though, hope ISI manage to get a workaround going somehow. Vmods are gonna do my nut once there's 100s of mods and tracks released!!

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It's easy and isn't the mess rF1 was. I know there is alot of hate for fmod but there are plenty who love it but don't say a word. ;) fmod is a HUGE step forward. :D

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

My installation is already beginning to turn messy. I have a couple dozen vmods and when I go in to choose a particular one it's getting hard to find. Now I have different versions as well which complicates matters further.

8. Didi

Didi Registered

Hi Folks!

I don`t use torrent (i don`t know how to use).
    Is there any normal download for the build 90!

Thanks for help

Didi Draxler
    (Austria)

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Maybe it's time to learn how to use it?
    Download uTorrent -> install it -> download *.torrent file -> double click on it -> select destination directory -> congratulations, you just downloaded a file using torrents (you are a pirate now ;) )

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh yeah I agree it is a huge step forward, rF1s system was/is messy and at least this new one keeps things in check much better. But it has its flaws which need not necessarily "fixing" but altering in some way before they work better, as I've said for offline use its not great so needs some work IMO.

11. RKipker

RKipker Registered

Looking forward to these updates; However, I don't use Torrents. do to satellite connection... so where can I D/L the updates directly???

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

13. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Didi/RKipker,
    If you look on page 2 of this thread 'mclaren777' put up a link for downloading the 85-90 update and the historic 1.1 update. Not sure there is one for Brianza yet though

EDIT: Ah I see buddhatree posted a better link

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

That's the proof it is not beta ;)
    Of course I'm kiddin'. But beta word issue is back in another context. So do not complain about.

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

BTW, yesterday I sal missmatch on our rF2 server. I don't know how it may happen but it was. A driver has joined and get unknown vehicle message.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

was it logged in the Bugs forum? if not might worth posting in there about it with as many details as possible.

17. MJP

MJP Registered

I've an idea how it happened. I'm guessing your server was running one of those vmods that need preselecting offline first. The person who tried to join didn't preselect it offline and joined with a car that wasn't allowed.

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

That was me - we were running Brabham at Brianza but since I had all vehicles unfiltered in menu I selected Nissan just to see what will happen.

I guess this was overlooked, but since car selection menu needs to be rewritten into something more usefull (a tree), then it's no point in adding filtering right now.

EDIT:
    Yeah MJP, you guessed right :) I have All Cars and Tracks selected for offline.

19. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I suppose this is the best place to ask.

I am having a slight issue with the shadows. It seems that the shadows under the cars and around the tracks are much to bright. Is this something I can tweak someplace?

Is there a way to tweak the way things look on track through some sort of HDR settings? Or am I stuck with this?

One more thing I'd like to add is that the secondary shadows (under the cars) seem to be almost nonexistent (much too bright also). I hope there is some way to fix this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  20. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Can you post a screenshot? I have seen something that resembles what you say, but I'd need to see a screenhsot to see if it's the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.