Isle of Man TT Circuit - The single most challenging circuit in the world

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by manxman, Jun 13, 2012.

1. manxman

manxman Registered

this may be a long shot!

i would love to see the TT course in this game! it would be the single most difficult course to drive!
    some of you boys should look at some of the videos! ok it is predominantly a motorbike race but last year they had Mark Higgins trying it in a scooby!

if you look at the videos you will understand why, oh and you might stumble across marks 150mph save!

big ask and once again it would be something that I certainly would pay for if accurate!

37.73 miles of 230ish fast corners and flowing

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Long shot by far!
    Half of it was done for GPL. Dont think all of it was ever released.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It is still being done for GPL you can see video of it on Jim Pearsons site...

Whether it is ever released is anyones guess, Jim has never commited to doing this.

Some of that has to do how the community stole Dundrod and Isle of Man revised with
    no permission.

Talk about burning bridges.

View attachment 2792

P.S. imho Piccolo circuito delle Madonie (Targa) is more challenging ........... 44.74 miles - 567 corners

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  4. g7usl

g7usl Registered

+1 for the I.O.M.

1 person likes this.
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you want Isle someone will have to do it themselves, don't rely on Jim allowing conversion now
    after people stole his masterpieces. lol

Here is VIDEO a few months old proves work continues.

http://jrpearson.homestead.com/LatestNews.html

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I remember Jim Pearson stopped doing it some 3? years ago and he was yes and no afterwards.
    Cannot criticise, dont really understand issues involved, really thankfull of his work anyway.
    Did some laps around there with a beautifull Stratos, it was awsome!!!
    Same and multiple goes to Targa which it was converted to rf1 with limited success imho.

It would be a dream come true if ISI did it, but I think the cost of research only to get IOM or Targa to Spa standards would be impossible.
    (hope Ginetto would come and help :))

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Dave, perhaps install GPL just for IOMs sake?

I could help?

(Dave has done a lot of IOM in real life...)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

A bunch of inconsiderate aholes released a rough IOM meant only for a Nascar2003 private league.
    Then someone stole Dundrod.

Pretty simple Jim won't cop what most modders will.

Someone stole a VLM circuit aka Rouen for GTR#1 ( GPL version if you ask me :p )
    They don't consider never releasing future tracks do they ? ;)

rF supports 128 cameras, Targa needs 300+

1 person likes this.
  9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Jim's problems were not about stealing as I remember, but about things changing that made his work obsolete.
    He was very dissapointed about it and I cant blame him.
    He's a GPL top man by all means anyway.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

For sure was other things involved, conversion quality, track length , etc .

That has not stopped him, unless he has said different in the last 3 months. ?

I never got the sense that has bothered Jim I think he builds for himself and his love for TT and GPL.

Whether it makes it into other simulations I do not think would not be so important to him.

More likely GT will have Targa and Isle one day.

11. osella

osella Registered

Not sure what you mean by that - the rf version looks even much better than GPL, they spent thousand of man-work hours on it. If you mean success with public, then maybe, but thats not problem of the track itself; its about what I was saying in a different thread on this board ("why nobody drivers 60s f1 in rf2) - all people have full mouths about loving challenges but when you give them hardcore track and cars, they will try them for few days and will return to easy driving stuff.

The exception is nordschleife, for some reason this track has become an epidemic in the last ~5 years and almost every single simracer knows it well today.

As for cams on targa, I think it would be possible to cover the whole track just with 128 cameras, but they would have to be very far from road and zoom on large portions of the track per 1 cam, too much work and it wouldn't look as nice.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What I meant was that everytime I wanted to drive around Targa, i tended to go back to the original, to GPL that is.
    I cannot pinpoint something bad with conversion, just it wasnt better either.
    I have tons of respect for the people responsible for conversion and their work hours they offered, it was not pointless as a lot people that dont know GPL, got to know Targa, THE icon of historic motor racing, but FOR me, not TO me, it wasnt progress.

I really felt progress when I drove historic LeMans in RF1 after I had in GPL, same happens in multiple for Spa in RF2, after Spa in RF1, after Spa in GPL.

(someone has to be really dedicated to finish just 1 lap at Targa, let alone race)

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

14. modmate

modmate Registered

Well, doesnt pearson released a 15miles version (abbridged version)???
    http://jrpearson.homestead.com/IOMDownloads.html

Greets

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

40% of the course I think and its very beautiful.

16. Banger

Banger Registered

i don't think rfactor or rfactor 2 could cope with such a large track remember it (37 miles long).i try it in rfactor 1 with BTB program and it was so long in rendering it.i gave it up. and that was just the basic track route, no objects,grass details,tree lines

17. osella

osella Registered

^ Well Targa is 45miles long. Theoretically there is no limit.
    The people who did conversion to rf did say it was hell to work on it in the editor, everything was very slow.

18. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

The I.O.M Mountain Course was done for rF1 and released I think in 2010. I do not remember if it was a conversion or not.

It looks brilliant, is difficult to learn without doing many, many laps. And it is very rewarding each time you get a string of corners right.

19. osella

osella Registered

The whole course wasn't done. It was 22km afaik, only 40% of the full course and it was conversion.

20. kuato

kuato Registered

Making tracks for GPL is very intensive and Jim P. has been working by himself on this new IOM for the last 6 years. I don't speak for him, but my understanding is that, as long as his work is respected and the end result is to his satisfaction, he's not completely against a conversion to rF2.

I would love to see this track in rF2 but making a proper conversion will be no small task.