Track surface age slider

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by CrashMaster, Jun 11, 2012.

1. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

Just a thought...

Have a slider that will let you take the surface of a track from brand new to it should of been repaved 10 years ago.

or put another way ... when the slider is to the left the track is a freshly paved smooth as butter track with high grip , and when its to the right its an old worn out low grip surface with all the bumps and dips ...

just a thought...

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

and this slider should be available... where?

3. Jos

Jos Registered

What you mean?

Anyway, i like the idea :)

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I asked where this slider should be available: in game or in modelling software.
    However since tarmac is not unified, and depends on what modders put into track package (textures, rolling resistance etc) - appearance of such slider is impossible. Even if - it would require from modders to prepare a lot of versions of tarmac to be selectable by this slider. I believe, that they would rather like to prepare separate tracks because not only tarmac is changing though years.

5. Ahmad

Ahmad Registered

I thought this thread might have been about how much the track is rubbered in, which I think could be a good idea. For e.g. at the 100% value I can hit the track and start hot-lapping straight away instead of having to waste them rubbering in the track, which can put me off wanting a quick bit of fun.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Perhaps it could be implemented directly in the simulation by acting on tires/suspensions? You know, in Google Earth you can change elevations which are 1x by default. Here the slider can change grips, and can also apply on the same tire/suspensions level a multiplier for the relief grabbed from the track (E.g. 2x is 2 times upper or lower bump)? mmm, could be funny...or not...

Edit: In that case 2 sliders may be useful: One for the main grip value (could be fun), and one for main relief (1x default for both), floating number of course (1.25, etc.) ;)

7. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

Yeah looking at it that way .. have one for as you load the track setting the age of the track (adjusting the bumps and base grip level or years since the last repave).

The other one for while your in practice to adjust the rubberizing of the track so when your like me and only have 15-20 min to play you can jump right into a track that is not green or you could reset it like a storm came through between sessions....