Still cant load my game !!! two weeks later

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tobi Coats, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

hey all im still having the same problem with Component "Vehicle Common 1.2h" failed to verify, removed from inventory

heres a screen shot showing i have everything installed

[​IMG]

2. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

tried to uninstall and reinstall everything from scratch?

3. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

yup i followed the guide

4. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I just uninstalled old version. Deleted all folders and reinstalled, started from scratch.

Also, did you install the updates for the mods?? Had a few guys with that issue locally...dont recall that error though.

5. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Has this always been a problem or happened after some mod install? Did you install into the default folders or select your own?

6. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

hey Gjon this has always been the case i havent been able to update my game since the inital beta release before this i was running 0.49 i believe , i dont have any custom content installed nor have i downloaded any , and i havent played with the .plr . i deleted all folders and let the .exe install and create all folders

7. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Have you tried the latest full build? Then install 60's mod, Formula Renault, Renault Trophy, GT championship, then update Formula Renault once, then Renault Trophy, GT Championship and Formula Renault again, then install ISI Formula Masters.

8. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

If you do not have it done, try re-downloading all the files, it is possible that one of them is corrupt.

9. canastos

canastos Registered

yes, very possible

I would delete everything, both previous downloads and installation folders, and then re-download, but the new full installer, not the updater, plus new downloads for ISI mods and mod updates; make a clean installation, and then add mods in the order above mentioned

byyyyyye

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

safest downloads are the torrent ones.

11. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

This is a tough one. My first guess is installation issue. Can you uninstall, DELETE your data dir,
    C:\Users\Gjon Camaj\Documents\rFactor2
    download the full Build 85 again and see how far it gets.

Much less likely is a RAM issue, while we are calculating our file checksums, some info is not computed correctly.

12. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Are User Account Control Settings fairly high (Control Panel->Users->User Account Control Settings)? I've run into issues in the past where files aren't being written because of this. Try lowering to the lowest, and reinstalling the mods.

13. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Still have to try blackbooks suggestion but I've redownloaded everything as a torrent file and tried again so I'm still having the problem. I'm gonna download build 90 but I'm not holding my breath. This only effects the single play dev mod works fine

14. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

updated today to build90 now i get error for v1.2j im getting sick of this it seams like its only me that its doing it to

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but I thought I chip in; can't do no harm anyway right?

I come to this because of the fact I had some troubles and found a way to do it.

I did a fresh install, put all the files into the package folder, and installed all the mods. But first the mods ALONE, no updates!
    First version of everything, second of everything and so on.

Well, you probably know all of this, but as I said; it can do no harm.

Good luck!

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I downloaded the update 85-90 yesturday on torrent and that was messed up. The rF2 launcher let me install it as usual but i only got a black screen after installing it and trying to load the game. Went back into my utorrent and saw an exclamation mark next to the file. It was 100% done however the status said "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming."

Not saying torrents are not the safest downloads however...:)

How this relates to Tobi Coats...

After this problem occurred i tried uninstalling the game from both the control panel and in the rFactor 2 folder. Both seemed to run fine yet the rFactor 2 folder still existed. So I tried deleting the folder but windows was telling me the file/folder was in use by some other program. I also tried installing another copy of the game (this time pure build 90) into a separate directory name but the problem persisted.

I had done all the above without having performed a single reboot. So after a reboot followed by a manual deletion of all the rFactor 2 installation directory folders. That seemed to do the trick for me and installing a fresh copy was no longer a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Tobi,
    If you get really stuck, I can have a squiz at your setup via teamviewer & teamspeak if you want and see if we can get this sorted. Drop me a pm if you're interested... gotta go out tomorrow morning for a short while but should be able to get you sorted before the V8's race at Hidden Valley. :)

Cheers

Goanna

18. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

lol thanks goanna , got her all working lol i restarted my compauter and hay ho presto it loads

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So, you're busy with this for two weeks and you finally do a restart of the system and all problems are solved?

20. blanes

blanes Registered

I have had similar problems over the last 24 hours. Latest build with all latest mods. Everything was working until I updated my Nvidia driver to latest along with some other Asus/Intel chipset P67 drivers.

I uninstalled/reinstalled countless times and everything would load right upto seeing the main menu screen then a second later I would get a message that fFactor2 has stopped working.

This was doing my head in and I followed all the advice from these forums until finally I reactivated my license and it loaded.

However that is not the end of it, the game still does the stopped working thing from the main menu however sometimes now it needs me to go back into options and enable Windowed mode and then it will boot again.

Something odd is definately going on and I hope it is a bug that the ISI gurus know about or find soon because it is really annoying due to it not being consistent.

Anyone else got a clue about this whole thing ?