HUD corrupted + HDR issue

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lesthegringo, Jun 1, 2012.

1. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Cool, I'd appreciate if you could post any results you come up with. I think quite a few people have either my or your setup or close too so would be good if we could get a few more guys to post their settings and findings to help us all out. I'm not quite sure how to optimise my setup or what I need to do in the future to get it running at an acceptable level.

I should also add I used between 10-15 AI although my fps are based on practice sessions with a random number of vehicles on track (at Monaco).

2. lesthegringo

lesthegringo Registered

Well, I did the test. The game configurations were as mentioned above by Playlife. I tried the following configurations:

Xfire with 4Gb ram
    Xfire disabled with 4Gb ram
    one card removed, 4Gb ram
    one card removed, 8Gb ram
    both cards fitted, 8Gb ram

At start up, when you first go to the car, I get 26 fps, no matter what the spec. When driving, with Xfire, I get between 18 and 26 fps while driving, but with one card only or Xfire disabled, I get between 20 and 26 fps.
    Of course, when I reinstalled the second card after putting in the extra ram, I can no longer get the PC to recoognise the second card, and Xfire is not available. Typical

However, it is clear that Xfire is not worth anything on rF2 at the moment. If anything, the game feels subjectively smoother with Xfire disabled.
    A friend is going to lend me two nvidia cards to try that can be used in SLI, so I will try those. I don't know which cards they are yet, but I will repeat these tests and post them here.
    But for now, I will be removing one of the 5770's

1 person likes this.
  3. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Thanks for going to that trouble lesthegringo, I guess we felt there were some serious issues with Xfire but it's good to get actual confirmation.

I was shopping around for a 2nd 5770 but will now hold off so again thanks for sharing your findings.

4. lesthegringo

lesthegringo Registered

I got the second card working (duff power cable to the card) and did a test with Xfire and the 8Gb. Same result, there is no difference.

I did a back to back test on rFactor 1 as well. I used the RadeonPro thing that allows you to see the usage of the graphics cards. I was getting well over 100 fps, but it also allowed me to see that both the cards are being used. When I went back to rF2 with the same thing enabled, it was clear that only one card was being used, despite Xfire being invoked by the system.

So, at the moment it appears that Xfire is not supported by rF2. Hopefully that will change as they bring updates