Is b85 rf2 the best sim ever?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, Jun 1, 2012.

1. modmate

modmate Registered

Im unsure if its implemented right now but im sure it will be be cause they can. Bumpy roads become such more realistic. Anyway with DX11 you`ll get more AA modes, better shadows, better utilization of multicore/multithread CPUs, and Tesselation, not to mention if its implemented in any way in Pcars cause it a pre-alpha, just remember they got the option.

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

You aren't sure...ok. That's enough for me ;)

I hope you are not thinking that bumpy roads are so bumpy because pCARS use tessellation :D

3. modmate

modmate Registered

No i dont thats why i said THEY CAN!! I never said they have implemented it in any way, thats just what you mentioned. We talk about a general DX11 and DX9 differences so i post some. Tesselation is one of them so dont try to be smart!!

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Let's back on topic...I have one question for you.

Do you think rf2 needs DX11 to be "the best sim ever"? ;)

BTW.
    Plasma technology is getting old, now OLEDs are on top :D

5. modmate

modmate Registered

What a question.:rolleyes: No but it would enhance the grahic and realism immersion for sure.
    And i dont like those Led unreal colours, looking like plastic no matter wich setting. But thats a whole different story, some swear on PLasmas and some on Lcd/led`s.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

The F2/3's and to some degree the megane, have the best combo of physics, FFB and driving immersion of any sim, the F35 obviously now has real potential as well.
    Remember that I'm referring to the driving not the game, the game isn't finished so it'd be silly to judge it in a "is it the best category", but we can certainly judge the way the cars drive.

7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

hahahahahahaa...88 senna mod for dl ingame via online server.
    Maclaren livery as well.....what a tank!!!!

I just don't see how any sim will be able to beat rf2....some of these early mods make me quiver and I think it's fair to say the best is yet to come, I also suspect when the rain and weather system is finished and people have to drive carefully, it'll make the racing experience much more fun.

8. Jos

Jos Registered

yes rf2 is teh best sim ever even though PiboSo's one man project feels better lol...

9. CalgarySimRacer

CalgarySimRacer Registered

OMG!! Really that's the performance you get with 2 6970's. 17fps? Just wow. Hmmm I'm a Nvidia guy and I'm running 2 EVGA GTX 580 3gb GPU's. Max everything on with HDR and FXAA enabled as well and am in running in Vsync for 60fps. No steering lag. Run with 19AI cars on track and from cockpit view.. I get a stable 60fps. Got the cards OC'd a bit and my I7 2600k is OC'd at 4.8GHZ. Using the brand new 301.40 drivers and rF2 works just beautiful.

Not to worry tho.. A lot of optimizing has to take place and will before this sim is released. Long time yet before it goes gold. So just hang on.. 17fps is serious with 2 cards like that in crossfire. Don't know what drivers your using. But keep them updated. Maybe a system check for virus's is needed or a good defrag on your hard drive. Sorry you are experiencing these issues. Any other sims you are using where all is fine?

10. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Don't agree at all, and wet weather is hopelessly slippery.

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Honestly, I believe we're just lucky. ISI is probably making this sim mainly for pro users(Red Bull etc). That's where the real money is imo.
    I could be wrong though.

And for the guys complaining about low fps. I'm not running a crossfire or sli system, just a single GTX570 and I'm getting constant 60 frames with EVERYTHING maxed. No matter how many cars are on track.
    Maybe you guys should check your system before complaining and blaming every little piece of sh1t on ISI. They're certainly not responsible for your hardware setup.

EDIT: Almost forgot, the way I see it rF2b85 is the best sim you can get at the moment. I certainly don't know every racing game or sim that is out there but I have had a few, starting from Shift 2 to TDU1 to GTR2, Evolution and F1 2011 and 2012 and of course rF1.
    rF2 beats them all so far. However, I'm looking forward to what GTR3 has in store for us.
    And since ISI already has my money in their pocket, I'm pretty sure they won't mind if I buy and play another racing game/sim once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  12. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Seriously, I could spend 75% of my rf2 time just on something like that new 88 senna car.

Click on these for 1920x1200, but you might get some pop ups.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Some people are complaining about nothing but there is a lot of work to be done optimizing the game, especially for AMD GPUs. Nvidia seem to be working better currently.

My rig is i7-2600K @ 4.6GHz, 6870 @ 940/1100 and 16GB of DDR3 @ 1600MHz, and while I realize the GPU is the bottleneck, it is not a hopelessly slow one. Running everything on high/med settings without any AI cars the FPS swings between 20-80 depending on what part of the track I'm currently on. Every additional AI car brings the performance down to the ground, for example with 5 AI cars the max FPS never goes above 40. Oh, an I can't have the AA on higher than lvl1 (2x) because anything higher makes brings the performance to it's knees.

The weird part is that I'm getting barely 30% usage on two CPU cores when running the game, and GPU usage never goes above 85%, usually staying way under. People shouldn't expect miracles, but you can't deny that there are optimization problems in the engine too. ISI will handle things though, no doubt about that.

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Where might one get that mod?

15. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Look for 88 senna server and dl ingame...

16. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

it doesn't download for me. it fails
    and fails too for any "get mod" I can find

17. daWave

daWave Registered

works like a charm here, just as easy as driving down the pitlane with limiter activated ;)
    another thread regarding senna mod: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6059-Senna-88-and-Formula-V6-BETA-mod?p=73654#post73654

sorry m8 but there seem to be something wrong within your system, i have a pretty similar system except gpu its nvidia gtx580 and i am also able to play constant 60fps vsynced with all maxed out and regardless of number of AI. I think i noticed only one time yet dropping fps to 56 but thats it. I dont think that your gpu is that big bottlenecking because actually adding AI would affect cpu and that is more than enough with i7, so thats pretty strange in your case.

Maybe the problem is your GPU and it may be optimized further soon, but for now i would search for other fun-blockers in your system... good luck finding tho ;)

for me this beta drives and feels already best of all and i have them all from gtr2 to evo and nkPro up to iRacing, yo for me it already beats iRacing in so many aspects... you may officially call me fanboy now, pimped ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I'm not the only one though, many people with AMD GPUs have had huge performance problems, to the point that many have switched over to nVidia (and reported instant massive jumps in performance) and people are now even recommending not buying AMD GPUs on these forums. I've done plenty of benchmarking with many a game and the only one that doesn't run like one would expect is rF2. And when there are so many others that have AMD cards experiencing the exact same problems, I tend to think it's at least partly a problem with the game. =)

They've been working with nVidia for much longer (rF2 support has been mentioned in nVidia drivers for quite a while) but only started working with AMD quite recently, I have no doubts the situation will get better.

19. osella

osella Registered

Compared to my machine with 3 years old super cheap amd x2 and 5770 your pc is total supercomputer jubuttib! And yet I can play relatively decently on med details, 1920x1080... so yeah you should be able to run pretty much maxed imo...

20. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

On med details I can play nicely. On med/high (leaning mostly towards high) I can play decently, but occasionally the FPS drops to 20. It stays at or over 60 for the most part. Having AI cars visible in front of me does bring a severe performance hit (some people even report GPU usage going down with added AI drivers, but I haven't tested it yet), but it's mostly playable, especially after everything thins out a bit.

At one point the 7950/7970 folk were complaining that they got barely any performance increases compared to their older GPUs (some were Radeon 68XX or 58XX GPUs), there just plain is something that's keeping a lot of AMD users from getting the game to run properly.