Greatest rf2 news since the beta was even released!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, May 31, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This was posted about 20 minutes ago by someone named XxArris19xX on youtube, now I couldnt find Gjon's official quote but this is what the guy wrote on the youtube comments

"Yeah and in the ISI forums Gjon and tim Wheatly just stated that the physics are not even close to being finished. LMAO.." -XxArris19xX

If this is true, and the physics as amazing as they already are are actually not even close to being finished, then.....WOW

Im completely blown away, im scared of iracing and their every 3 month update builds getting better and better, Assetto Corsa with its fabulous (most likely) physics, project cars when their new tyre model comes out in 6ish months (and future physics updates from there), etc etc etc

So if this is true then im completely blown away, rFactor 2 FOR LIFE!! (Well until rFactor 3 comes out lol)

(video link with comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia6qZvNHfvA)

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

There's still obviously a whole lot of stuff missing, incomplete tyre heating being just one example. Everything got way better in the last update, but as it is now it's still clearly not yet fit for release. But indeed, seeing how good it is already and how unfinished it still is, things are going to be fan-bleeding-tastic by the time they're done. =)

3. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Yeah there is still alot of work to be done to the physics- I can tell you this though- RF2 By far at this stage has the best driveable physics I have ever raced with- I really think once the Logitech Rattle of knock is fixed and we can actaully race without lowering settings people will go bonkers for the physics!

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well we wouldn't use the "not even close" bit of that quote, because that downplays the HUGE steps forward rF2 has been, and what it's physics are now. The only way to put it is that it's not finished yet. :)

Not sure where he got that quote from, TBH.

5. Boxorman8

Boxorman8 Registered

I feel very betrayed by this thread :(
    The instant I saw the title I paused the TV and my eyes got twice as big hoping for some piece of juicy leaked information about some upcoming stuff, needless to say I was let down.. was just some random quote from youtube that wasnt't specific to anything.

also, why are you scared for iracing?:D
    If iRacing or any of the other games you mentioned improves, then that puts pressure on ISI to make an even better rFactor 2, competition is always good!

Have a nice day.

6. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

lolol "juicy leaked information " wth :cool:

7. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I know I get all my reliable, trustworthy information from random YouTube comments.

8. 88mphTim

9. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

Looks good, other then the fact that what makes sebring special is and will be completely missing.. the roughness. Random bumps added here and there just seem so amateurish after having driven the iracing version.

Other then that its pretty nice.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

thats not a physics or game engine problem in any way, thats just a matter of how accurately someone can model a track

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Darn I wish some laser scanned tracks would come to rfactor 2

Wonder if ISI could get hold of the f1 laser scanned tracks from the f1 team(s) that would be phoniminal

12. Bart S

Bart S Member

So what is the most accurate modeled track in the rf community, I mean the one with the most realistic modelled bumps, undulations etcs?

13. 88mphTim

I haven't seen the real track, I haven't seen the data, but there were two laser scanned tracks for rf1. If that's what you meant.

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Eastern Creek Laser and what was the other one again?

15. pdodd

pdodd Registered

Oran Park

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Bathurst being scanned for iRacing too, need ISI to get involved ;)

17. 88mphTim

Their licensing fee doesn't fit our pricing model.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

IMO laser scanned tracks are over rated. One frost and the track has changed from the scan. You are only getting a snapshot in time of the track. If modders take the time to give the track some character and make them with bumps, rough patches, road patches etc then it's not only a better track but it's as accurate to the current track as any laser scanned layout is IF (and only if) the layout is accurate to begin with.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Be great for ISI or some one in the know to do a vid or an explanation of how tracks surfaces are delt with on non laser scanned tracks,

Laser scanned tracks ( or at least the ones that do have the little cambers and bumps etc)generally do feel great ,
    Non laser scanned can also feel great and lively providing the work has been done to make the track surface feel this way .

To add: there are some laser scanned tracks ( trying hard not to mention the software/tracks) that fel awful, lifeless and like polished marble but then who knows that's the way perhaps they feel in the real world.

I'd rather have a good non laser scanned track than a polished marble type laser scanned ,
    However the good laser scanned tracks do have a massive amount of character

20. 88mphTim

I have started work on a technology page (link in header). It looks like car tech (minus tire model) will be done first as the track guys have been pushed hard lately to finish Brianza, but eventually our track tech will be written about there (along with other things).

Right now only the story of the software engine is up there. Worth a read if you've not read it.