Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 CSR or Forza Motorsport CSR wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by buddhatree, May 28, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

2. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I got the GT3RS V2 a few days ago. At first I was disapointed bbecause the FFB was very weak and the steering was heavy but the more I use the wheel the lighter it is getting and the FFB is amazing on it towards my G25. Aparently the CSR wheel isslightly better though because the rim is lighter.

3. Uff

Uff Registered

Try to set Drift Mode to 5 (it should be availabe on your wheel too) and dampening to -3. :)

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Any other tips? I've never used a Fanatec before. I ordered the GTR3 wheel this morning :)

5. Uff

Uff Registered

There are some other useful informations: if a game supports 900 degrees of rotation, set sensitivity to Off on your steering wheel and let 900 in Fanatec's driver; if you want to reduce FFB strength, NEVER decrease FFB on your wheel: if you set it to 80% (for example) you won't get 80% of the total force, but you will get the same effects up to the 80% of steering wheel force, then you will lose the last 20% of the effects (probably the stronges ones).
    If you think your FFB is too much (and it's saturanting, something you can easily see in nKP), then decrease it in the option menu of the sim you're driving.

1 person likes this.
  6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thanks mate :) Can't wait till it comes!

7. Uff

Uff Registered

You're welcome. :) Those are my settings, but there is enough for everybody to modify and look for the best setup depending on our personal taste. ;)

8. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I have it set like that with a few days. The more I use the wheel the lighter it is getting. When I got the wheel at first it was very heavy and FFB was almost non existant but now it feels better than my G25. Now I can feel all the FFB I could feel with my G25 and some effects I never knew was there. The only problem I have with the wheel is the FFB is almost non existant in gt5 where the FFB was good in GT5 with my G25.

9. Uff

Uff Registered

I used GT2 in GT5 (this is getting confusing :D ) for a while and I didn't find it was too light, but I know that with recent patches Polyphony reworked FFB a bit because it was simply impossible to control cars like Red Bull X2010 (steering wheel shaked like mad while going straight). In the last patch FFB should have been reset to its defaul value, so you might need to go into Options menu and increase if from there.

10. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I have FFB set to 10 in GT5 and 100 on the wheel and I cant feel much FFB. If I hit a wall I feel a slight jolt and when the car goes over a kurb I feel a slight jolt , but compared to my G25 the FFB is bad. With my G25 I feel most bumps. I wonder is it the game or my wheel because on Simraceway and Project cars the FFB is amazing.

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Wow I totally lucked out! :cool:

Fanatec has their American office and warehouse in Beverly Hills, California.... I live in Pasadena, California (1 hour away).

Ordered my wheel Tuesday and it's arriving today! :D