Only ALL CARS and TRACKS Available? Also CRASH TO DESKTOP

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by taufikp, May 28, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

[SOLVED] Only ALL CARS and TRACKS Available? Also CRASH TO DESKTOP

Did a clean install of rF2 b85, and a couple of problem arose.

In Series menu, it contains ALL CARS and TRACKS only. Other series are not listed. Oddly, all vehicles and tracks are available in Vehicle and Track menu, and can be selected.

Another problem (might be related to the above problem): rF2 is now always crashing to desktop whenever the track loading bar reaches 2/3 of its length. The last message written in trace.txt file is: ai_db.cpp 3231: Entered AIDatabase::Init()

The only thing I did differently (from previous versions installation) is that now I separate the Game Core and Game Data like this:
    - E:\Games\rF2
    - E:\Games\rF2 Data

Previously I put them under one directory.

Hmm, I'll try to reinstall b85 under one directory just like all previous versions, maybe it will help.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  2. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Re-install rF2 b85, this time I installed it into a single directory: E:\Games\rF2.

Now rF2 does not crash to desktop anymore, but still the only Series available is ALL TRACKS and CARS only. Other series are still missing from the Series list.

Another problem: no engine sound! What the hell? Other sounds are okay except the engine sounds. No matter what vehicle I'm driving on, still no engine sound.

So here's how I solve it.

A quick look into directory inside "rF2\Core\Installed\Sounds" reveal installed sound files in several directory. So I just copy them and put them into "rF2\Installed\Sounds".

Same treatment for the missing Series. Copying all rFM files from "rF2\Core\Installed\rFM" into "rF2\Installed\rFM".

And voila, all series and sounds now working correctly.

By the way, I also moved the Talent dir contents from rF2\Core\Installed into rF2\Installed because the trace.txt has too many "not found RCD files" warning messages.

This is confusing. Why rF2 has two Installed directories? Also why the mod installer/manager can't install the component into the correct directory? Which one is the correct directory anyway? :confused:

3. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I just looked in my core directory, and there is no "installed" folder, but I have the problem with all tracks all vehicles that if I choose it, game crashes every time, all other series and mods work fine...

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Seems like your problem is the opposite of mine Steve :D

I think there should be only one "Installed" directory, not two like what I have here. There must be some problem/bug, either in ModManager or the rF2 installer.

I also noticed in my rF2 installation that the "rF2\Core\Installed" directory contains all cars and tracks, while the "rF2\Installed" directory only contain Clio vehicle.

5. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

My installed folder is in "Documents/rfactor2/installed" It has been this way with every build. I wish ISI would chime in on this, as I would like to run the Formula masters cars at Monaco :-D

6. MJP

MJP Registered

That's because you're running Mod Manager from Core which installs to Core and you can only access those cars with AllCars+Tracks. Look carefully and you'll find 2 'Installed' folders and 2 'Manifest' folders, one lot in Core (put there when you run MM from Core) and the other in what ever folder you specified for Data when you run MM from the launcher or ingame.

7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Ahh I see... So running Mod Manager as stand alone app is a bit dangerous. I'll reinstall rF2 b85 and this time I'll run Mod Manager from the launcher instead.

8. taufikp

taufikp Registered

This is my third attempt of installing rFactor2 version B85 as fresh install, not as an update to version B69.

What I did, in summary:
    1. create two directory: "rFactor2" (for game core) and "rF2 Data" (for game settings and mods)
    2. install mod using "Manage Mod" from rF2 Launcher
    2b. update the mod (if available) as instructed (here)
    3. testing the installed (and updated) mod right away before proceeding to install another mod
    4. repeat step 2, 2b, and 3 until all mods are installed without problem

My rF2 b85 installation is now running as smooth as all previous builds. All series/mods are available, no crash to desktop when loading track, no freezes when selecting All Cars & Tracks, all sounds are working perfectly.

note: Thanks to MJP for pointing out that important step! :)

9. kibert

kibert Registered

hola, actualice a 85 y cada vez q quiero iniciar simple player u online me figura RFactors dejo de funcionar......APPCRASH
    solucion..? gracias.

10. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Registered

i did a fresh install and still am unable to install mods :(