Please ISI, do not change this effect

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by GaetanL, May 27, 2012.

1. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I've saw a fantastic effect.
    Remember this crash of Webber

the same aerodynamic effect occurs in RF2
    (There are a bug my friend was invisible in replay :p)

That was just incredible, I've a question (if is not top secret) is it due to a script or is it due to real-time calculation of the physics engine?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there's no way its a script, don't think there's any scripts with regards to physics atleast, wish I could say the same about battlefield 3s building damage, but that's a whole nother story lol

3. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

It has to be a bug. Cars don't take off for no reason driving in a straight line on a perfect straight road with no elevations. Webber took off at Valencia because of wheel-to-wheel contact... and at Le Mans because the aero package on the CLR didn't play nice with that crest on the Mulsanne straight. Or maybe he's just homesick, being for the upside down country :)

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I hope they get damage close to RL damage too. I'd love to see parts flying off and the chassis disintegrating. Too often even with 100% damage, we can drive away from accidents that in RL would render the car useless. Any time a car rolls in a sim, that car should be so messed up it has to retire if the damage is 100%. As it is now, you roll and go.

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Depends on how the modder has built the damage. Realistic damage is well possible, modders are just afraid to make the cars break down like they should.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

and on top of that all the bitching and whining about frames from people with ****ty low end parts, or high end computers but from 2008.

7. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Nope, there are a bug, because I've touched my friend, (like Webber's video) but his car was invisible in replay mode :p
    After I can reproduce this effect at SPA, there are a way in grass where there are little bumps who you can take at 300 k/mh and obtain same thing of mouvement.

8. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Well, an invisible car is a bug too, definitely ))

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Depends on his connection, really. If his connection is terrible you might not want to see him... lol

Anyway, moved this post to right section.

10. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hey mate, it's not a bug report ;)
    I've posted for the aerodynamic effect.
    It's me or nobody sees the advanced technical of this kind effect.

PS : I've asked if it's due to a script or it's really a real time calculation of physical engine ?

11. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

And I've done a new replay.
    Here they are no bug. Everybody can test this effect. Need speed (300 Km/h), and give a little space between road and car. and fly away :p

For me this effect it's really impressive. (But i'm programmer and I know simulate a real aerodymic it's reaally hard) And it's the first time where I see this effect in a game :eek:

Maybe you can move again, the origine of this post this is not for the online bug :p