Downshift Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by kkacper, May 27, 2012.

1. kkacper

kkacper Registered

I have been driving in build 85 for the last few days and every now and then it seems out of random this random thing happens. I first found it when I was first testing the Formula Masters and found that out of gear 6, I done a quick reductions and somehow after pressing the paddle twice the reverse gear shown up and I spun into the gravel with reverse gear on while I didn't know what was going on. It happened to me few times since, pretty much always on some heavy braking, but happenes at random where it might happen in the same stint and on 2 laps, braking the same but on the first it won't happen and on the second one it will. It happened to me just few minutes ago aswel, where I drove a Megane in the race I was on my 2nd lap and on Estoril just as the braking began through the right hander to the really slow left chicane. This was a problem as I spun and got myself into gravel while the guy that was less than a second in front got away. Just wanted to report this as I haven't seen this problem before, and I'm sure the paddle is not going to shift down 6 times or 5 at 1 pull and always letting it go to neutral and then reverse if you don't see it quick enough.

2. canastos

canastos Registered

The same happens to me sometimes, reducing from sixth or seventh while braking, quick reductions and even not so quick ones, suddenly reverse gets enabled, and I am still wondering what's going on :(

Please get this (as well) fixed

byyyyyyye

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  3. zack

zack Registered

go to your *.plr file and set Repeat Shifts="0" to 1 or 2

4. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

With the latest build (85), when downshifting I can't get to neutral or reverse.

PS; I tried the ".plr" edit, it didn't help.

5. kkacper

kkacper Registered

I know, I have changed this just after I got it happening to me the first time, but it still didn't fix the problem.

@Volataic
    This you can change by unassigning the Neutral key in controls, I know this might be the problem too, but I need to be able to put reverse in quickly if I spin, though I don't want it to reduce to Neutral or Reverse just because I downshifted with a lot of speed still carrying through.

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I will try unassigning the neutral as you suggest, but it worked fine before the latest update. Cheers.

PS; Unissigning the Neutral did work, thanks mate!

7. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Something like that happenned for me, and I found what I was doing wrong.... Maybe it is the same for you.

If you press Up shift and Down Shift at the same time, it put the car on Neutral. So if you arrived at a corner at really high RPM and you are upshifting as you would normally do if you were on a straight line, but at the same time you must brake and downshift, it is possible that you engage the neutral and after the reverse....

Sorry for my english, hope you understand what I am trying to tell...

Acelain

8. canastos

canastos Registered

It was already done for me too

And @Voltaic, it's good to know that you've solved the "neutral issue" too, I was actually suffering it and luckily found the same solution kkacper suggested

More ideas about the "reverse auto enabled issue"?

byyyyyyyyye

9. canastos

canastos Registered

Understood what you are explaining, but I'm afraid it's a different situation; this problem can happen several seconds after having upshifted to the last gear, so my fingers are away from the up switch, and only touching down swicth (and braking, of course :p)

byyyyyyyyyyye

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

Most of the time I am unable to go below first gear. I normally have auto clutch on, so I disabled that function and used my clutch. No change in the way the program responds to the downshift command. I have found it in each of the Mod's since 85. Have checked controller drivers, plr file, and settings. All are currently correct. My G25 functions flawlessly in rFactor 1. Just checked it again. I think it could be a Build 85 issue. We shall see.

11. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Try that (copied from my post before, if you don't want to look for it in the short thread lol)

12. VicMan

VicMan Registered

hey there

I dont know if the issue has already been solved but i would like to share something that happened to me that may be similiar to your issue. The first G25 i had from one time to another just started to mess the gears exactly the way like yours are doing. As i was unexperienced it took me a time to understand what was i doing wrong lol ... then i realized it was the gears.... at first time it was possible to drive but it got worse and worse until it was not possible anymore... then i started to search around the internet for that and i found a web site with an electronic technician teaching something about cables inside the shifter that may eventually get messed because they are too exposed so it causes those issues...... in the end logitech just sent me a new wheel... now i have two :cool: so i just thought that i could help sharing it maybe your facing a hardware issue?

good luck