rFactor run problems

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Dylan Vd Berg, May 26, 2012.

1. Dylan Vd Berg

Dylan Vd Berg Registered

I noticed every now and then the FPS feels like its on 1-5 while driving.. fun story is..

in the replay there is no sign at all of the stuttering that is occuring.. it is a real pain in the ass though.. as i will crash 9/10 times the stuttering happends.

4890HD ATI
    AMD 5000 + 2.8 Dual core
    4 GB Ram
    Windows 7 32 bit

2. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have made three (3) attempts to fully remove and install rF2 Build 85. This is what I did.
    1. I redownloaded each of the files presented in Tim Wheatley's BUILD 85 FULL INSTALLER: instructions.
    2. I uninstalled rF2 using Windows 7 Programs and Features tools.
    3. I navigated to the My Documents rFactor2 folder and deleted it.
    4. I ran the rFactor2_Build85_Setup.exe installation program.
    5. I navigated to and installed the nine (9) RFMOD files presented in Tim's instructions.
    6. I carefully verified with the Core Mod Mgr that all files were installed.
    7. Because I have had success getting the Developer portion of the program working, I drove a quick race at Joe's raceway.
    8. After exiting the Developer, I selected the Single player. The program froze and Windows 7 shut the program down.
    9. I repeated the actions of item 8 for the Multiplayer mode. The program froze and Windows 7 shut the program down.

I have a couple of questions. What have I missed in attempting to accomplish the Build 85 install?
    Does anyone have a recommended course of action for getting rFactor 2 Build 85 up and running?

Very respectfully,
    Randy

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

GPU sync is gold.

5. Dylan Vd Berg

Dylan Vd Berg Registered

I have it on GPU sync... so i will just need to play around with the settings ? isnt there a fix for.. ?

6. Dylan Vd Berg

Dylan Vd Berg Registered

Tried all sync options.. still get major stuttering ingame ( feels like major FPS drop )

7. MJP

MJP Registered

GPU sync is just the 'Flush Previous Frame' PLR setting option in rF Config.

8. Dylan Vd Berg

Dylan Vd Berg Registered

Is there any fix for this then ? i cannot even complete a race or whatsoever... major killjoy

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Have you update your steering wheel driver? As in previous rF2 releases, the most likely cause of this slow motion problem is an old steering wheel driver.