unable to verify incorrect path

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by buzard, May 26, 2012.

1. buzard

buzard Registered

After updating to 85 and updating all my mods I get a windows error "rfactor has stopped working" whenever I try to run rf2.

I checked the update function to see if something would show up. It said everything was updated. I decided to try the verify function I got "Invalid path submitted by this application or there is any error with the verification service." message.

Anyone have a clue....I don't.

2. Hiatt66

Hiatt66 Registered

I got that too. I had to completely remove rFactor and reinstall everything from scratch. I downloaded the .85 full build and all mods.

3. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

i got that too.
    i unsinstalled rf2, deleted the .rfactor and the rfactor2 folder but i have it still!
    pls help

4. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph Registered

Same here..

No answer in 10 days.. not nice.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Guys, if you read the home page of the forum it says staff will be in here when available. If you click forums in the header and read the page it says the same thing.

If you have an issue which stops you running the software entirely and aren't getting an answer here, contact support. Nobody says you have to sit here with software waiting for 10 days doing nothing else.

However, most people who got this issue, didn't follow a simple instruction to make sure all the rfmods were completely up-to-date. Whether they missed an update, or something else, every case I've seen so far it's been user error on the instructions. If you make sure, and still have the issue, you might need to contact support...

6. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph Registered

Yeah I know Tim.. it was just disappointing ;)

Did a fresh install and now it's working.

(I just like to sit & wait .. yeah and moan ;) )

Thanks !