Helmet cam is @#$%&*! awesome :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, May 26, 2012.

1. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Oh I see, thanks mate. I was trying it in the F1 Masters cars. Would be nice to see the KERS/DRS working too?

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

DRS is working. Assign a key to "rear flap" and there you go :)

3. Spyder

Spyder Registered

I must be in the minority here because I find helmet cam lessens the immersion for me! Seems about as bizarre as having a virtual steering wheel represented on screen when I've got a real one in my hands!!

Just throwing this out there but when was the last time you actually noticed the inside of your helmet when you were on a track in real life (whether that's racing, track day, go-karting, whatever) ??? If you need the immersion of a helmet I think you'd be better off buying a real one, maybe some race overalls to go with it ;)

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

its just a choice, why laugh at it?
    Have u driven with a helmet on in real life? Its a totally different view imho.

5. Dillyracer

Dillyracer Registered

You're not focusing on it, but the padding of the helmet and such is always visible. Especially from motorsporthelmets which have a very small visor.

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Yup, I have my Track Day helmet displayed proudly on my desk complete with battle scars from my crash at Castle Coombe! know it's just a choice, and as I said I'm in the minority here! I notice most people's videos or screenshots show they use the virtual wheel too so I'm in the minority on that front too, but forums are for posting opinions and discussions arent they? was just adding my two cents :)

7. jjcook

jjcook Registered

I tend to agree with Spyder on that one- I've riden motorcycles all my life- but this does not look good to me as part of my in-game 'view' - to me, it adds an obstruction to my view in game that is just not there when actually wearing one in real life- yes a helmet windscreen will obstruct your view somewhat but this does not do justice to the real life effect of wearing one- well at least its able to be turned off and we are not stuck with it in game as i would hate to 'have to' use it as it does not seem a realistic representation to me - and you cant lift it up on a computer to get a breather - i'd rather throw dirt at my monitor or drive with a helmet on :cool:

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thanks JJ, at least I know I'm not totally on my own with this one!

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So u know what it is about, so your 2 cents are valid :)

10. Ball Bearing Turbo

Ball Bearing Turbo Registered

Actually I would really prefer if it wasn't artificially out of focus, because running in 3D - it looks exactly like it should. When looking into the distance the effect you're talking about is there in 3D because the eyes are converged to the far plane.

11. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Well i can say that nothing on my motorcycle helmet visor is in focus when i am looking at the road so i dont agree with you at all. It looks wrong as it is as i am sure very few use 3d?

maybe it would nice to be able to install either focused or blurred visor, for those that want either one?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
  12. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice one buddhatree...

More good info ;)

13. canastos

canastos Registered

And the Formula ISI, I think

byyyyyyyyyyye