is the beta still 6 months or will it be longer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by les, May 25, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

i know were still in the beta phase, but is this still on schedule to go gold at 6 months ??

I also have a question about the rules some of us (oval) drivers are wondering will the NASCAR rules be implemented in rf2
    lucky dog, and other rules rf1 was ok with the rules but there were problems, this is why i am wondering if this will be addressed in rf2. I know the sim factory had the rules fixed but that took a different exe to do it.
    i will not buy from the sim factory again that was in my opinion a waste of money why because the did not deliver what they promised us, and its not modifiable.

2. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It's obvious it will be longer.

3. les

les Registered

well yea i know but it got attention just wondering about the oval guys and rules

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

IMO it will be longer, too much still left to fix and more work with the Modding part to be done. Although I am yet to play the latest build so based that opinion purely on the changelog!

As for Oval Rules they are coming and something I think ISI are planning to do at some stage after Gold...when that'll be is another question!

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

With regard to testing length, that's for Gjon to decide as he is the guy who decides build and 'gold' cutoffs. So I don't know.

Oval rules are not coming (I think) until after the 'gold'. I have some major, major content for ovals that won't be coming until 2013. There's been some good discussion and planning also, I've even heard "dirt" mentioned. ;)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

sweeeeeeeet :D

7. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I'm sure I'm asking too much--but how likely is it that whatever solution you guys use for dirt ovals can also be used for 'other' loose surface disciplines (i.e. rally, rallycross, TORC, etc.)? So, for example, will it specifically be loose surface on top of a sealed surface (which, I believe is how many dirt ovals are, right?), or will it just be loose surface?

Yeah, that's a big question...probably too early to say for sure, anyway, as it sounds like you guys are just planning it now, anyway... Anyway, any info you can share would be awesome! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  8. osella

osella Registered

^Would love to know that also, its been SEVEN years in which we only have had one non-tarmac simulation - richard burns rally.
    Having proper rally in rf2 would make it even that much more revolutionary ;)

9. marc69be

marc69be Registered

you're completely missing the best simulation of stock cars anywhere imo if you refuse to run TSF software. They are more advanced in production of that type of vehicle than anything released by ISI, iracing or others. may not be the most popular, but physics and realism are unmatched period.

you realize they are partnered with isi and releasing free CWTS truck, NW car and NASCAR vehicles too right? All laser scanned and developed with current champions and teams of three different racing series? as far as content, the tracks they have released blow away any reproductions or converted and probably any other scratch oval (if you can find one). It covers most of the current ARCA series schedule (at least the ones that matter), they have dirt, and also have said they will release more advanced dirt in the future since they have roots and team association to many of the top teams there too (3x Chili Bowl champion ring a bell?)

I and 1000's of others are happy ISI gives them these advantages in rules and software code as partners because it emphasizes the ISI rf & rf2 engine to extreme potentials in the correct manner and is the only software ever in many years licensed from ISI which reflects stock car and dirt racing in the most professional light and accurately portrayed where real teams in professional racing are using it daily for testing, driver improvement and training. I can't wait to see how they do in the newer engine too, it should be spectacular.

10. les

les Registered

have they released the car or truck yet tsf game came out in 2008 and they promised alot of things yea the physics are good but i wont buy again because they have not released what they promised

11. thuGG

thuGG Registered

"Bla bla bla bla bla lba lba something something bla bla bla."

That is how I see your post.

12. marc69be

marc69be Registered

No, but just yesterday they began an open beta for those willing to NDA themselves and get an early peek. and you don't have to buy again as it's FREE!! They have released 1000x over what they promised, if you ask i bet they never believed their software would have ever been in a NASCAR champions team facility and a part of multiple championship runs over the years? a freakin $50 software game, and it's not what was promised? sorry I can't quite grasp it. John Henry's best bet was to block them or buy them like hes done others. i assume they have to be a thorn there for sure because there are many testimonials attesting their realism vs his or any other. hope you find happiness I guess

13. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Wow dirt would be super!:D

14. les

les Registered

well you can think bla bla bla the sim factory put a bad taste in my mouth and i will not support them even if they have the best sim. again you have the right to think what you want. i have the same right to think what i want.

i was there in the very beginning with the sim factory i rented a server hosted races tried to do a season with the few tracks they had released. when release dates came and went and no releases that tells me something. let me ask this have they released the trucks yet, not sure if they have but tsf said over 2 years ago it would be released. i defended tsf i was into racing hosting a league i even had real trophy's i gave out. i gave them plenty of chances to get it right. there is a big difference between rf2 and tsf ISI has never given a release date of updates and such. so stop and think how many have tsf given and what tracks they were giving. as i remember tsf had tracks almost ready in there tracks that were going to be released when the game came out. some of those tracks never ever did get released. now you tell me why should i support a company that says the right things but does not deliver.

15. marc69be

marc69be Registered

Les, it's ok if you don't want to support them I guess but none of anything you've said is true. If running hacked or converted tracks is better to you than everything they offer I spoke of above then I guess so be it. I guess you can say the same for any other software too. Some said they're the most accurate and were proven wrong by tsf.

. If tsf adjusts their release stuff gauging public opinion, license availability, artist or track or vehicle designer delivery, or what have you, respect it. It's their business, their data, coding and everything else, what they deliver blows away anything that could have been in a mod. And as I said everything additionally done after the DVD first dropped has been done FREE!!

16. les

les Registered

i done with the sim factory ill wait for rf2 to bring all the stuff for oval racing and deal with it i think its going to be the very best

17. marc69be

marc69be Registered

i think you're naive, and also I know that TSF as a partner will be way farther along and advanced in these cars and rules but its also great that there's choices. pretty certain they'll have way more to offer and enhance the new rf2 engine beyond any modding capability imo.

18. les

les Registered

the sim factory is just a heavy modded rf2 when it comes down too it

19. marc69be

marc69be Registered

lol ok, when you finish and finally convert a track or a car we'll compare. so if they're modding, lets see you adjust rules to work correctly and adapt them like they do, or lets see you adjust physics and add changes inside the exe like they do to correctly orient actual data to work as it should, or maybe you can add other functionality like they did where the wing is actually replaced with a spoiler as has been said? if so then i'll say theyre modding.

honestly look at the few mods in rf doing stock cars and look at what tsf has done, worlds apart in quality and detail because tsf is a partner and uses internal code tools and has ability to hardcode software, laser scanning and only company with real up-to-date FULL stock car data to make it REAL in rf. again youre wrong speaking untruths and naive. if you want do a little background study and check on certain things and you'll see what i am saying. :)

20. les

les Registered