rf2 ffb + suspension is just awesome I found out today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, May 24, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I work as a roadside service provider in St. Petersburg Florida and one of the tthings I do is change flat tires. Today a lady got into an accident where someone hit her right front corner of her car. She wanted mme to out on the spare since the tire was flat.

So I take off the wheel and check out the suspension but nothing's broken so I put on the donut and take it for a test drive.

Now I've wrecked a great number of cars in rf2 testing things and hit the wall many times which throws off the alignment. The other car hit this lady's car in the same way as if she hhad kissed the wall. The car felt EXACTLY like a megane when I gave the wwall too big of a kiss. I felt it with the steering being off and the wway the wheel flops over and that grinding feeling. Yup gotta get towed I've felt this bbefore ma'am.

2. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

"I've felt this before ma'am."

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

LOL @ the vid.... and very cool Guy!

4. mikem

mikem Registered

Am I right assuming that you're using the T500RS wheel. If that's the case it's not so much rF2 than it is the wheel (that's not to say rF2 isn't awesome but with a G25, the effects isn't quite as spectacular).

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yup, T500. Every now and again a sim throws one of those crossover moments (I had plenty with rF1 too) and I love when that happens. When the game and RL kind of bump into each other and it's just cool.

I had it happen once with Cross Racing Championship 2005. I was driving along and a truck was pulling out of a driveway ahead of me. The truck looked a lot like the truck from the game. I started to floor the pedal (but didn't) thinking to myself that he was set up perfectly and I'd get a rollover bonus too.... Sometimes that crossover moment is't so cool.

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I run a DFGT and If I hit the wall hard, I get bent steering. 'Twas the same in Grand Prix Legends.