Starts to play fine and suddenly performance drops like "slow motion".

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Foxiol, May 24, 2012.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Well at first i couldn´t update the game because even with all mods up to date the game just doesn´t want to recognize the newest update. So i deleted the game and had to install the new build 85 and one detail that seemed extrange to me: i deleted the rFactor folder at C: and the one with the updates and my profile in "my documents" but the weird thing is that after installed the game again all mods and cars were still there. Even some tracks that i deleted using the mod manager from the game itself before delete the entire game to proceed with the installation. Is it normal?

Well after that i started to play as usually, no problems for about 2 minutes (and in previous builds i never had problems with performance the game ran pretty smooth, i tested the new Nvidia drivers today with the "old" rF2 version and performance was as smooth as used to be)...but again i had no problems for about 2 minutes and then i was at Spa with the FISI having the same smooth FPS and suddenly dropped drastically and the wheel stopped to respond and the game seemed like it was in slow motion and the wheel lagging. (i moved to the left and had to wait 1 to 2 seconds to see the movement in the game and again with that slow motion very low frame rate and constant stuttering at the same time. Unplayable.

Back to the race menu and still had that lag in the buttons.

Back to the main menu and stopped. But then i went to race again (track loaded with no problems) and the same problem from the start.

Turn off the game. Back again and same result...played smooth for about 2 minutes and started again. This time in Monaco.

You have my PC Specs there but i had no problems at all until this build.

My configuration in the game is just way simple. All almost maxed the differences are: FXAA=no, Sound effects=10,Wind and crowd motion=OFF,VSync=off,Antialiasing=8, Resolution 1080p at 60hz. (check my PC specs)

I need to sleep now.

By the way the update overall is great. The new FISI is amazing and i love the DRS. The HDR is great.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully this has something to do with a memory leak or something like that. (it is more or less what happened with BF3 at launch with some people)

I´ll be checking this tomorrow. Good night.

2. Mike Cimuchowski

Mike Cimuchowski Registered

Mine is slow motion like you describe all the time. can't play it at all.

3. Mike Cimuchowski

Mike Cimuchowski Registered

Just a follow up, My game is now fine most of the time. It was an issue with my PC. It was acting all sorts of weird. I rebooted and installed the brand new Nvidia drivers and all was well from there on.

However, I did experience the same problem as the OP soon after. I tried to do some testing and here's what I came up with.

Mid Ohio with formula renault 3.5...Perfect Never slowed down at all in practice or race with 5 cars for over an hour. Same with the GTR GT1 at mid ohio...perfectly fine even at night and during rain.

Malaysia with formula masters...always felt choppy during practice..Frame counter in game showed 60+ FPS always.

Belgium with GTR: Got the same choppy feeling while displaying 60-75 FPS in cockpit view and hood view...switched to bumper cam and it was super smooth again. Went back to cockpit and it was choppy. Cycled through views one more time and then after that cockpit view was smooth for a bit. After another minute it was back to choppy.

So it seems hit or miss. I'm not sure if it's due to the larger tracks? (belgium and malaysia vs. mid ohio) or what but hopefully this information helps.

Other than that this update is amazing. I couldn't stop lapping in the formula renault I used to hate that car!

Settings are all full except medium shadows. No HDR no FXAA playing at 4900x900 no multiview. Q9550 with 8gb ram and GTX 470 SLI

4. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Also have this problem, it looks like some kind of matrix/superman slow motion, very weird!

5. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

Are you single screen or triple?

I was using triple screen and "multiview" and after 1 lap this slow motion started too.

So i tried to turn off "multiview" and can play triple with no slowmotion i get around 60-75 Fps all the time.