Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Are you doing anything when it locks at low FPS? What exactly is your list of actions to make that happen? :)

2. 88mphTim

I think it must be an incomplete file, or corrupted or something. I would try re-downloading it.

3. 88mphTim

Awesome, thanks. Please post this in the bugs forums if you didn't already (I know I asked you twice now). ;)

4. 88mphTim

Instructions on how to manually update are in the 'getting started' thread under 'updating'

5. 88mphTim

All content needs to be up to date, then you won't be missing things. I haven't yet confirmed it, but I would also install the FISI AFTER you update everything else.

6. 88mphTim

Not yet. Next historics update which is due very soon.

7. 88mphTim

They ARE separated in VMods... That's the point of the video you should be noticing...

8. 88mphTim

The changes causing that won't be happening past the test phase I would think...

9. 88mphTim

I already said they were up earlier in the thread... ;)

10. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

Tested all patched cars quickly today, all feels better than ever. Great patch and performance is much better again. Thanks ISI.

11. 88mphTim

No, I never said that.

I'm trying to DIAGNOSE. I can't help you if you won't help yourself. I understand if you have a difficult setup, but if you won't try something then you're not someone I can help, so I have to move on. I have to then wait for someone else to do it. That's all I was asking you, was a WORKAROUND to DIAGNOSE. It would then be passed to the devs to FIX.

12. MKD

MKD Registered

Not trying to be an arse at all.. Just like TOTALLY frustrated.. Built a new sys and waited weeks for this and well spent over 4 hours just trying to go..

I did not change any system settings and ran in single screen mode just fine.. 96 % gpu usage hundreds of fps.. in 3 screen same results EXCEPT it appears as 4 or 5 fps.

In each case all 4 cores showed good activity..

13. 88mphTim

Thanks for confirming, I do appreciate you changing your settings.

14. 88mphTim

I understand you didn't change your system, but we changed our software. I just asked you to try it. If you couldn't, that's fine, but it does mean I can't help you, I have to wait for someone else. That's all. Now that someone else has helped, we are beginning to diagnose it and can deal with it. That's how testing is supposed to work. :)

15. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

Well, with this one we can race yes (once we have full rain system)

FPS is great, FFB more or less ok, graphics improved a little...i terms of physics also a good step into pCARS direction (finaly not an "ice simulator").

Problems - big lack of the grip sence.

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Oh deary, you will catch so much flak for that one... =)

But you're absolutely right though. I have never heard someone who does real life racing on a regular basis say that consumer sims have enough grip, they've all said that the cars are too slippery and are not planted to the road (and if someone tries to make them feel more planted and grippy, usually a bunch on simmers crop up around this point and call ir arcade because it's too easy).

The newest update does feel better in this regard. The cars have more of a planted feel compared to what they used to be (especially the FR 3.5 is tons better) and even when going slightly over the limit of grip they're not behaving as wildly. Good to see work on the tyres, especially when it brings results like these. =)

17. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Did you really just write that?? Lol, the one direction I don't want RF2 following pCars in is physics, eughhh!

18. 88mphTim

I find that most people who have said with rF2 about lack of grip, feel a lot different once rubber is laid down... If you feel a lack of grip, please send the AI out for a few laps and see how it feels after that. ;) If you STILL have a lack of grip, then we have an issue of course. :)

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Haha thought the same. This feels wonderful now. The F3.5 is a different car now, can feel the grip. Also, whats the verdict on the exterior sounds, sounds better i think?

Edit: That's alot of nows

20. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

the vmod system is fine if cars and tracks separated....So I admin an F1 league. I would need to create 20 vmods during the season for each round. just doesnt seem logical.

the system is fine separated.point blank.

Build 85 is Great. None the less. Not a "ice" sim. Think i'd be able to sell this to my league, if we work on simplicity as we move forward with rfmods,vmods, etc etc.