Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Tests Starting. What do you want tested?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by ZeosPantera, May 22, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I am starting this thread so you guys can give John Crichton and I some ideas of what you want to know about this wheel and its two rims. What Sim's do you want us to try and what mods do you think best show off the limitations of your current wheels?

No results can be posted until the two week test period is over but up until the wheels are received (end of this week) we can take any suggestions you like and sort through what is and isn't important so the final review can best reflect what you want to hear about.

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

A few things that I have heard about the CSR that might concern me being issues with the CSW:

- Belt slippage. If this is an issue with the CSW/RF2

- Quality of the wheel materials. I have heard of the materials coming off the CSR after only weeks and also concerned if sweat can damage the materials (read this somewhere)

- Mounting options: what does the wheel come with, and do I really need to spend another €40 on a table clamp if i don't own a cockpit or wheelstand.

- what works on the revs/display with RF2, if they work at all or need to be implemented for gear indicators, RPM lights etc. Is this going to be mod dependant or can RF2 handle this

Have fun, very much looking forward to the reviews! :D (and credit card debt :p )

3. SKeijmel

SKeijmel Registered

i will be testing one too, in fact i have one here now :)

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Post your thoughts here Sebastian. I know you love to hate fanatec but still curious what you think. :D

5. djt

djt Registered

I've been using a CSR Elite wheel with pedals (currently with a TH8RS shifter) hard mounted to a rSeat EVO V3 since December of last year and haven't had any of the problems mentioned above.

It's been a major improvement for me coming from a G25.

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

He can't tell you until the embargo is lifted. Every reviewer has to get an unbias shot until Z day when the reviews come out.

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yup, and actually it's better to just wait and get proper opinion, when things are already sorted out and testers have tested the product in every possible way ;-)

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

I have only read about the slippage and grip coming off; still have a G25 myself, but id like to be sure its TOP quality before spending about 800 on the CSW.

I've seen the pre-order is delayed until June now. UGH! :(

9. djt

djt Registered

After six months of use mine isn’t suffering from any slippage or grip coming off, if it did I would have already sent it back, lol.

For me it was a choice between the Fanatec Elite and the Thrustmaster T500RS. I was looking for a good wheel that I could use on all my gaming platforms (PS3, XBOX 360 and PC) so the Fanatec was the better of the two choices. Also from what I’ve read the pedals are less than ideal on the Thrustmaster so that was also a turn off.

An alternative if you don’t need the XBOX 360/PS3 support is too get the Thrustmaster wheel and buy separate pedals for it, but when it’s all said and done that’s going to set you back over $1000.00.

http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/category-1.htm

10. SKeijmel

SKeijmel Registered

yes those cst pedals are nice ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao0-8HLPQ0c