Nissan GT-R sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dillyracer, May 16, 2012.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Your desire to troll audio discussions is matched only by your desire to troll iracing discussions... :p

I agree that the sound could use an upgrade as well: the noise that these beasts make is what draws so many people in to cars in the first place. It doesn't matter if it's at the track, or just cruising down the street.

mxstud has a very valid point too. With so many things that need work done in the rest of the sim, audio is already "good enough to ship", even though better audio (whether it's better samples, engine, etc.) would be nice.

I'm curious, though...how many here have actually worked with the audio in either rf1 or 2? When you say the audio needs to be improved, where does it need improvement? Is it just the samples? Is it in the number of samples that can actually be used to recreate the entire rev range? Is it in the number of different 'things' (i.e. audio hooks?) that can be used to trigger different sounds (bottoming out, skids at different slip angles, tranny, differential, air whoosh, etc)?

2. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Just to add, if we want to recreate a perfect sound stage of being inside a race car, we can't use recorded footage as reference.

The diaphragm on the (cockpit) camera's mic will certainly be compressed due the engine's brutally loud volume, this will completely change the frequency response of the audio recorded. This would require a proper audio recording gear that is capable of dealing with more than 120, 130 dB. Wich is not rare, quite the opposite.

In my humble opinion sounds on rFactor2 are actually better than what people are saying of it, the only BIG problem for me is the reverb, it's completely wrong. Whoever is programming it needs to research what is early reflections.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Finally some ones who understand the thing.

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

5. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

oh my goodness.... from 7:25 onwards.... had the Enduracers mod installed but didn't remember hearing those sounds from the DBR9! Makes me want to reinstall rF1 to race with it.. hehe

6. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Exactly! Too bad I lost my rF1 disc...more like one of my daughters probably ate it or something.

Btw, I've asked the Enduracers team, if they're going to make a mod for rF2.
    They're still waiting anxiously for the mod tools to function properly.
    So I think we have something to look forward to. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012