Can't toggle shadows and some other features on

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Ghostdriver, May 14, 2012.

1. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

I turned my shadows off so I could play normally with high FPS, to test it, I turned the shadows full/high but nothinhg happened.

The fps counter shows a great loss of performance but there are no shadows appearing. I had the same with HDR and a couple of other graphical options. A similar issue was pointed out in another thread.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4177-Can-t-sometimes-turn-shadows-on-off

By the way, is the in-game FPS counter precise? Fraps is not working to me.

Thanks

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

did you change the settings then stay in game? I've found (as others since Beta began) that you sometimes have to change the settings, exit and restart the game for the change to take effect.

FPS in game and FRAPS are the same for me.

3. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply. I did not try restarting the game. I will later when I get home and will post the result.

I thought that the fps counter was tricking me with values lower than reality but problably is just me tricking myself to believe that 40 fps is enough :)

4. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Tried many times, but nope. It did not work. Same issue.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

try backing up your player.plr file and rename it (player.bak or something) then try again with a fresh plr file, if that still does'nt work try re-installing the game and/or re-installing your graphics card drivers.

6. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Hi Marc, thanks for the help.

I deleted my .PLR, did a fresh install, nothing worked. Then, after many trial and error I realized that shadows only work (on my pc) when shadow blur is on! I don't know if it's a known bug or it only happened to me.