isi please refund not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fredclarisse, May 7, 2012.

1. fredclarisse

fredclarisse Registered

Me to ask for refund, but isi say 2 months limit to show.
    It's not correct, how to know if beta is good ? We have only 2 update.

It's first and last time that buy a version beta.
    I am disappointed.

2. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I'm disappointed I didn't win Lotto on the weekend, looks like a good Thread... Post your disappointments here:p

3. Anonim

Anonim Registered

please, close this thread

4. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Initially - I was gunna come here to tell this guy to get stuffed!! - because 2 months is long enough time to decide........

However - I had a thought. Soon, it will be possible to have had two months pass on an account (from a certain purchase date), and not have seen a SINGLE update in that period!!!! To me, that has elements to it that make it pretty unfair. I can imagine getting annoyed by it.

Either you raise the length of time for refund, or you increase the number of times you will update..........

Easy for me to shrug - I am in it for the long haul. This is my one and only racer - for better or worse - until next year anyway.

+1

TLDR: I see where OP is coming from. If a no-refund time limit applies, then a customer can fairly expect to see what an "update" looks like - at least once.

?

5. fredclarisse

fredclarisse Registered

oh sorry !

I did not know it's not possible to say what of what l 'on thinks.
    It's reserver in lick boots.

6. Anonim

Anonim Registered

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

one more. maybe better ;)

9. Anonim

Anonim Registered

greaaaaaat!!!!! :D hahahhahahhahaaaa!

10. fredclarisse

fredclarisse Registered

you are comic actors.

I speak serious subject, and you make the idiots.

I give you lessons of French small comedian.

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

fredclarisse, Sorry for a bit off topic.
    I understand your disappointment. If you check my other posts you will see I'm moaning every day. but there is no way out, only laughing remains ;)

best regards.

12. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I have to agree on that MaX you have to be the forums biggest whiner lol ;)

13. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Registered

I don't know if the purchase price for the rF2 beta is a lot of money for you, but I would advise pretending you didn't buy it, and you may be pleasantly surprised when the final game is released. Currently, the graphics and performance is so below par it's almost embarrassing, but I think ISI was forced to release this beta earlier than they wanted to by certain other games/sims coming to market. We're now seeing the slow development pace of a small team; this isn't Electronic Arts but these guys also won't stop until they're happy with the product, and they won't be happy until the majority of us are happy. Can't say the same for EA.

I do believe the final product will be good and unless you're struggling to find money to buy food, I don't really see any reason to request a refund. If you were that poor, you probably would've thought twice about purchasing in the first place, or would've requested a refund earlier.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@BasJon
    Yes I am, 'cause I have lower latency and faster upload than you ;)

15. mxstud

mxstud Registered

upload only matters if your host....

16. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Maybe just a very bad Karma...:) (joke)

17. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

The time to whine is now, not after the game is released. =)

18. RNelson

RNelson Registered

@fredclarisse - the product is a beta and it is your decision whether to stick with the devvelopment process and its ups and downs or not. ISI indicated that updates would be released on roughly a monthly schedule but made no absolute commitment. If this is uncomfortable for you then request your refund prior to the 2 months time frame and you have lost nothing but the interest you could have earned had you invested the money.

What is clear is that ISI isn't going to release something just to release it to please the masses. They have a process they are using and in order to get the product to market in the most efficient manner they appear to be sticking with that process. What and when they release the next update will depend on the features they are releasing to be in a state where testing and feedback will be the most productive with the ultimate goal releasing a quality product as quickly as possible. Delays don't serve either the developer's or the eventual consumer's best interests.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Very bright comment. What about people who bought rF2 just after beta release, believing in constant communication and updating the product and now their patience is over after 5 months?
    I'm not saying I want to refund, but think twice before you write something, plz

20. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Maybe you should do the same Max - When ISI changed the refund policy to two months they gave notice to those of us who signed up initially. If you weren't so eager to criticize everyone and everything you might possibly be more respected here- as it is now a lot of what you say - speaking for myself - gets ignored which is a shame because I think you occasionally have something to add to the discussion.