ModDev Spinner Crash

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by tommy86, May 5, 2012.

1. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

Hello, I'm trying to setup a new car in rF2 and after all modelling and shading/texturing process, I began compiling all files following the pdf guide you provide :)

I'm adding all gmt files one by one and after adding the "rear wing" gmt into the spinner, the ModDev crash :(

This is the line in the spinner file :

Code:
    Instance=RWING
    {
      Moveable=True
      MeshFile=R18_REAR_WING.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid)  LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(15.0)   Reflect=True  

}  

One another question...i left the Instance names the same as the rtrainer mod, but...I can change the name with something else? After that I need to change it in another file?

Thanks for support :)

EDIT : is there any log to check what is the problem?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  2. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

there IS a log ;) UserData\log in ModDev folder.
    Is the game freezing or just crashing? crashing is a bug or you made a big mistake with the GMT and its names, hard to say which one.
    Is the gmt exported with gMotor exporter 2.52h/latest? are the others all working?

3. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

Hi and thanks for reply. I've made all GMT's with 3dsmax2012 and the latest GMT Converter v2.52h. Te other objects i made are all working, this is the only one that cause me rfactor dev crash (not just freeze). I check the name and it's right, the material is the same that another one (multi-sub with gmat in it, with a dds texture).

4. Devin

try loading the rearwing as carbody or something like that (rename it NOT the gen) and look if it's loaded. If the game stops loading just press alt+tab and see if there's a little error window in the middle of the screen

5. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

Unofrtunately it only crash witouth any message. It's hard to find out where is the problem without a proper log, but I can't find it in my userdata folder.

I tried attach it to the body object and it crash this way too...so I think it's a geometry problem...what can cause something like that? (merge points already done)

Thanks all

6. Devin

I think it's some kind of material/shader problem... I don't know exactly which problem, but there's one in this area i think :D

7. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

I solved it :) It was a bad name, it seems that doesn't like some _ in the name. Now it works fine...but what a pain! ehhehe

Thanks for help guys ;)

8. Simone

Simone Registered

èèèèèèèè :D