Mugello GP rFactor2 (ModDev)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by vicent-sollana, Apr 26, 2012.

1. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

---------------------------------26-04-12-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried to convert the Mugello circuit for RFactor 2. Now, I want to share it with the community and ask for your opinions.

I'm having troubles with the race surface.

It's a beta version for the developer mode.

--------------------------------27-04-12-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bring you a new version of the Mugello Circuit, I've tried to improve the effect on the track "racesurface", I succeed remapping the "racegroove" and make the spline. It's not perfect because when there is a lot of rubber it appears very dark. Anyway, I think it looks a lot better than my first version.

--------------------------------29-04-12-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixing racesurface
    Fixing textures
    Added Skyboxi

*If you have an earlier version of the circuit you must eliminate it before installing this one.

Install it simply in Mydocuments/rfactor2/moddev/locations.

Mugello_GP_2012 (MODDEV)

* SINGLEPLAYER

Mugello_GP_2012 (SINGLEPLAYER)

Copy and paste this file "Mugello_GP_v072.rfcmp" in Mydocuments/rFactor2/Packages

In the Mod Manager click on Options and uncheck the "Show Mods Only" option. In the list look for Mugello_GP_2012 and right click on the entry. Now click "Install". The track is now installed and ready to be driven in the All-Cars-All-Track mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------------------01-05-12-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to stop developing the circuit.

I just wanted to see if I was capable of doing the circuit by myself and never stopped to think about the copyright, I though that as long as I didn't make profit it would be ok.
    I asked for permission and I'm still waiting for the answer. Given the advice I recieved I've decided not to continue with this circuit and try to do one by myself.

Sorry for the inconvinience, it wasn't my intention at all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. ethone

ethone Registered

What issues do you have with the race surface?

3. vicent-sollana

With the spline mapping, I can't understand how it works.

4. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

if it's a conversion from the black bean v8 superstars game then the whole track surface will probably need remapping, I know I ended up redoing it all when I had to work on the track (not available for public release so please don't ask) I used spline mapping to do the road surface and learnt how to do it by watching youtube videos, it's fairly straightforward when you get the hang of it.
    also I noticed from your screenshots that your track edge blend needs the transparency added to it.

5. vicent-sollana

Thanks a lot. I used that version, I'm watching videos right now, but given that is my first time with the 3DMax I wanted to ask for opinions and tips. The track edge problem is in my list of fixings to do.

Thanks.

6. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

If someone tried to write an explanation on how to spline map it would probably end up being even more confusing, videos are the easiest way as you can watch them over and over and refer back to them whenever you need to, starting to use 3DS Max is daunting and only really gets easier with practice, again there are usually excellent videos on youtube for almost anything you need to do.

7. Nestor A Bogo

Nestor A Bogo Registered

Thanks.... great work!!!

8. vicent-sollana

I added a new version of the first one i show you in the first post.

9. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i think the surface of track dont be so clear without tires marks (old one from previous races, years..) so some textures on surface will be good

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Some tracks (don't know if all) are intensively cleaned out before events.

11. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

thank you for your efforts to build up this track. I like the athmosphere, around the track.
    The race groove appears after some (more) laps and I like the way it is growing.

I noticed that their is a pitcrew including (in a hidden folder) that appears really in front of the pit. Does this mean, that the pitcrew can be different on each track? So it would be possible to create a historical pitcrew for Monaco and another for Mid Ohio?

Is it possible to copy this pitcrew to another track?

12. vicent-sollana

I'm no expert, but, I supose that if it is a modeling body it should be possible copy it from one track to another. If it has to do with the teams, every team would be attached to one specific uniform.

I repeat, I am not an expert and I didn't explore that very much. What I did was just copy and paste from the folder from the other track.

13. vicent-sollana

I added a new version of the circuit and the version for singleplayer.Remember it´s a beta circuit.

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Congrats on the improvements, good going! I like the amount of grip thats on the track (new .rfcmp) Not too much, not too little. I really like not losing traction on the white lines now.(plus all the other improvements)

Keep going.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

One lap at Mugello:

16. vicent-sollana

Thank you for the coments and the vid,if you found any bug please let me know.

Thanks.

17. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I have had lot of fun driving around this track, very good job !

thre aspects I´ve found:

- the curbs are very very extreme, pulling the car to the side (tested with Nissan GT1). Very often I lost control, because the wheels on curbs really were "braking"
    - road surface on track is deleting lights from time to time (tested during daylight 1.30 p.m)
    - road surface in pit lane is bumpy. Even passing with low speed (60 km/h) wheel is rumbling very much (even with FFB multiplyer .60)

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Is this referring to the road reflections in the distance? (sorry, I fail to remember what its called, heat reflection?)

19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I did finally manage to find white striping still without traction. As in pit area.

And the strip of sand right at the edge of raceway seem to be extremely "grip-less".

20. JvM

JvM Registered

Thanks for the track! :) Enjoyed testing it with the F1 2012 (f1ligue).

Great job so far. :cool:

I also noticed the white lines others mentioned. They seem to be slightly higher from the ground and gripless. Also noticed the bump everytime when crossing the start/finish line. (which has white line too)

Keep up the good job. :)