real feel?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Gaz Mclean, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Gaz Mclean

Gaz Mclean Registered

will rf2 be using real feel plug in?

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Has been answered a few times already.
    rF2 uses physics/forces on steering rack similar way as done in RFFB. it means RFFB plugin is not needed any more.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

But still need leo plugin since realfeel doesn´t have the feeling of losing grip in high speed corners. When the weel goes light.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Has anybody said that rf2 implements strict RFFB? (besides latest RFFB implements Leo's code)
    rF2 already implements also easing steering wheel when loosing traction.
    Of course at the end anything may be improved so maybe better FF will be provided by some plugins. But today stock FF is good enough. IMO is way better than one known from rF+FFB+Leo.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  5. Gaz Mclean

Gaz Mclean Registered

is this leo plugin available for rf2? id be intrested in trying it,

so your saying its already in max? sorry dint read yr post properly first time

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Since you said that rffb is not necessary anymore and beside they implement Leo´s code, many people doesn´t know how to configurate the new features on the new RealFeel plugin like parameters like DefaultKf, DefaultKs, DefaultA, DefaultKr and the value Frontgrip effect from the new real feal does not as good Leo plugin (probably why these unknown parameters) wich, if i´m not mistake even techade (wich i think is the person who implement leo code in rffb to gamestock cars) feels insecure about what these means.
    So in MY opinion, ffb of rf2 doesn´t is good as what i get it rf1 with rf+RF+Leo. But i understand you in YOUR opinion think rf2 ffb is way better.

edit:
    http://www.virtualr.net/realfeel-for-rfactor-version-0-936-released
    Only implement of leo´s code is "parking Lot"
    Defaultgripeffect is not from leo and not as good as in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Thanx for explanation.

But in case of rf2 in my opinion FF is better. It may depends on mod/car. For example to me Megane's FF is perfect while F3 is not. Finally I expect some improvements in this area which take into acocunt mechanics between steering rack and driving wheel (ie servo)

8. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Old and new realfeel + Leos used extensively in rF1, depending on mod.
    Have not felt the need for either in rF2.
    So far.
    As modders publish their wares, we will see.

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I am sure someone will make a plugin, not a realfeel and not a leo's.. But some sort of crazy adjustable Gui based FFB with a million customizable options per car. I say this.. Because it is what I want!

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

hehe. I would like to get FFB which not be possible to be tweaked. Like in iR. FFB should reflect physics of current car, not driver preferences.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

And that would be fine in a communist country where everyone was assigned the same сказать FFB wheel. But my G27 with a larger, heavier wooden wheel rim on it Vs a standard G27 Vs his Fanatec Belt driven four year old wheel and this preppy bastard with the T500 and then this guy has the CSW wheel modded with Frex internals and don't forget the eight year old Red Momo guy who all have different hardware. So having the feedback forces reflect A through B when B can be anything from B-X is impossible.

I'm not looking to break the superb FFB that rF2 comes with. Just looking to hone the experience to as closely match as possible on all the variations of hardware.

12. magicfr

magicfr Registered

You want a simulation to simulate real cars or you want a game that reflect user preference.
    A sim should not be a democracy but a dictature of realism.
    And mainly because 80% of people don't how feals a real racing car on a racing tracK.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well a real RACE driver in a real RACE car can tell his crew the steering is too heavy or too light and there are many aspects they can adjust to suit the driver. Not so easy on street cars but race cars do have a good deal of customize-ability.

14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Most race cars don't have power steering, and when they have it, they can adjust the strength right (we already got that in rF2 ).
    But you definitly can't modify things like you can in real feel.

FFB, is the tire torque alignment from the tire , through the suspension into the steering shaft. So it depends only of tire, load on tire, and suspension geometry ( especialy the caster angle).
    From that you can change the strength you received in the steering wheel with the power steering unit.

In rf2
    Torque alignment is computed by the rf2 Tire Model.
    Caster is in rFactor2 suspension geometry.
    Strength ratio is in rF2 FFB slider in control menu.

We already got everything.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 definately

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

So who decides what feels right??

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm sure thousands of inexperienced users is bad idea. So I would chose developer - sim producer.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I remember Jackie Stuart tried GPL I think and said it was much more difficult than in reality.Unnacceptable, isnt it.

19. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Trusted known sim racer that they now what they are talking about, is always the good choice.
    But, like you said, certainly not thousands of gamers that mix up personnal taste and real facts :D

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

...so I vote for real racers do the deciding.