In Game Graphics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kriscabrera, Apr 25, 2012.

1. kriscabrera

kriscabrera Registered

Hey guys i know its in beta am curious if this is how the graphics are going to be when the game is released? But the actual cars feel alot better! am loving it!

2. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I am sure the graphics will be improved by the time the full game is released. This beta was released so the modders can learn the new system of modding..

3. coops

coops Banned

HI ppl can some1 tell me how many frames per second should i be expecting to get? What is the bench mark ?
    How many frames do we really need to get the quality ppl are looking for?
    Reason i ask this is all the talk about graphics!!!! do expect it will get better b4 the end product

4. kriscabrera

kriscabrera Registered

am getting around 30-35 on my pc with most of the detail on high, i have a ATI 6700

5. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

The graphics aren't even that bad, I don't quite get what all the complaining is about. I've seen a lot worse. With everything cranked to max/full except shadows I get a solid 60FPS with 1280x1024, or 45-55FPS with 1920x1080 with 9800GT SLI, and the graphics show a lot of promise. Wait until HDR is properly implemented and other graphics optimisations are done. Remember guys ISI is only a small dev team compared to the likes of SMS and others, patience is the key here.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I highly doubt the graphics will get updated before release but never say never, if anything just further optimising of the engine to improve peroformance, they will more than likely evolve graphics during the course of the games life though (as ISI have said) so when its released it does'nt mean "thats it".

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

D1Racer said:The graphics aren't even that bad, I don't quite get what all the complaining is about. I've seen a lot worse. With everything cranked to max/full except shadows I get a solid 60FPS with 1280x1024, or 45-55FPS with 1920x1080 with 9800GT SLI, and the graphics show a lot of promise. Wait until HDR is properly implemented and other graphics optimisations are done. Remember guys ISI is only a small dev team compared to the likes of SMS and others, patience is the key here.

D1Racer as I have the same card as you, 9800gt, would it be too much to ask for your settings? Totally ignorant here, your settings in everything regarding graphics would be really appreciated (in game, out of game, before game, in card, video settings...).

Thanks, nikos

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

What others? KUNOS Simulazioni.

I saw no promises. Don't use argument that something has potential or show promises, because it is not what we can count on. ISI gave no any info what will be improved nor how.

9. Fritzisbro

Fritzisbro Registered

If Iracing is any thing to go by they are only just now getting round to sorting out there graphics engine, and they've been going for a few years now.
    so there's plenty of time yet.
    I was always taught. Make shure it works before you paint it... after all what's the use of something that looks pretty but dosn't actually work.

10. bastins

bastins Registered

I'm guessing bugs and glitches will be fixed, and performance will be improved. However, in terms of overall quality, I'm sure what we see now is what we should expect from rFact. I think it's much too late in the process to be suddenly throwing in whole new graphics engines.

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I must agree with bastins. sad.

12. Alesi

Alesi Registered

agree... graphic in final version as i think will be much the same as today (maybe some changes, but overall it will be the same)

13. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I'm sure some of the talented mod builders will extract a lot from the gfx engine once it gets going

14. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

And for FPS performance, the isi tracks are hungry beasts, but some other mods (mid Ohio for one) are almost 3 times better in terms of frame rates for me so I think there is is room for this to be optimised before gold, as lots of people have said already

If like me you are low/mid range gpu owners then you won't see what rfactor CAN look like anyway as the machine can't show it. So depending on your rig you perhaps will be compromising anyway on looks, so it won't really matter if they upgrade the looks coz low end can't display them in the first place!