Are my online servers broke?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickbalti, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Either I am doing something wrong, my internet is shockingly bad or no one plays rFactor 2 Beta!

There is hardly anyone ever online! Went on this morning and there were a total of EIGHT people playing! 4, 2, and 2 in each server! I couldnt even get into the one with 4 in it as I had some mismatch!

I am based in the UK, any ideas? I do notice that duing the evenign there are a few more on, but even then no more than 30 odd and about 15 of them are in the ISR server (which I love thankfully)

2. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

Build 69 on my PC is so awful that I stopped; there are easier ways to get a headache. I did play online with build 60, and now I'm waiting for better days before I resume. I think there might be others waiting too.

3. easyt

easyt Registered

i have noticed the drop off in the past week or 2. i haven't seen a server with more than 6 cars in it for days now!

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

If you join at night (european time), you'll find one server full of megane drivers (yesterday 30 noobs...err... drivers online ;)). The rest remained mostly empty, sadly.

5. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I'll be online tonight then! :)

Sadly I might be one of those noobs, but I'm a clean and fair noob who obeys blue flags.

Perhaps there will be many more online when it's released :)

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Let's hope so.
    Most of us in the servers are noobs or have recently been (I used the term noobs in my previous post because we could say it's been the hot subject of the last weeks in the forum). But I'm afraid the most dangerous drivers aren't the noobs who are learning the track, testing new set-ups and/or fearfully learning to cope with other drivers online. The dangerous ones, in my opinion, are those who want to overtake you at the next curve, no matter if there's room, if you are on the racing line, if you're already on the curve apex.... their impatience minds will make them dive like crazy as soon as a car is in front of them and, of course, at least one of the two drivers won't make it to the next curve.
    :)

7. Tripp

Tripp Registered

nickbalti if you host servers and wanna have many drivers in your server test host race 07 it is around 300 per day total in the server i host each race is around 15-25 drivers but drivers that race that game after finish 95 % leave the server but it is soon filled up again with new drivers the thing is to get in 10 15 drivers then all races have 25 drivers max. but as admin you klick next event becuse 99% drivers not wanna wait to see the podium after the finish i try edit that away but i have not any sucees do that yet and offcourse the practice must be deleted drivers wanna race not practice same in rf2 and all simrace games .