Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

that's not easy :)

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Sometimes it is better to ask for some comments. I believe, if vmod were discussed before release, it was not released in form which must be rewritten now.

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

They aren't strictly known and defined though. Looking at the definition on the web you get stuff like "feature complete" for alpha, "contains most of the major features, but is not yet complete" for beta (which would fit rF2 at the moment by the way), again for alpha "first phase to begin software testing", for beta "generally begins when the software is feature complete", and of the three software houses I've worked with during my time as a student all three used very different definitions.

The only consistent thing is that pre-alpha comes before alpha, and alpha comes before beta. Other than that every company seems to use different definitions that suit them.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes your comment was'nt exactly though through was it ;) ...and as others have said its a Beta, did you expect it to be perfect for league racing during beta!? if so good luck to you!

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

MarcG, Some one has said to play rF2, then I answered is unplayable (to me). And it is - I can't enjoy playing product in current state. To many bugs, some features are too "weak". I have right to have own opinion.

jubuttib, point is that rF2 is not feature complete. And that is the point. Problem is that there is no specification about features which will be present in final version. it makes impossible to test 'final product'. Second thing is, that there are some not implemented things announced (wind, water drops, shaders, some physics part etc).
    Again: beta is just complete product testing phase. it's not about testing single components.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

He's got no life and constantly complains about a game that is "not playable" to him. Any normal person would have moved on by now. He literally has been constantly complaining for three or four months. If this was pCars he would have been banned at least a month ago. Ignore the troll I say. ;)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

if the game is unplayable to you now then your expectations are far too high, its blatantly obvious you can have fun and good races in its current state, you need to lower your expectations...stop complaining and just race, if you dont like it then stop whining like a spoilt brat, log off these forums and play something else....yes its that simple! I enjoy playing SW:TOR and FIFA12 alongside RF2, why dont you try the same!

8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

totally agree

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@MarcG

It's so difficult to you that someone have different opinion about rf2 than you?

For me rf2 in the current state is also not playable for serious league.
    Should I log off from this forum too??

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

its nothing to do with opinions, I respect a lot of them on these forums, he however is constantly whinging about things that are obvious....for someone who seems to hate the game so much he spends an awful amount of time here dont you think!?!

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hang on a minute...where did Shum go? he sounded the same BEFORE the beta was released...one and the same :p

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1. :D

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This thread is pointless because of what happened during Xmas.

As we all know, the first build could not be released before Xmas and had to postponed until after New Years.

The behavior of this forum was so bad, Tim said they are not going to give us any advance notice anymore unless it's a day or two away.

So all you people complaining that ISI are not communicating with us.... You are probably the same people who forced them into this policy and ruined it for the rest of us.

It's your own fault they aren't communicating with us.

And the comments in this thread do nothing to help and only prove to ISI that their policy of non-communication is the correct one.

I bet they are even sorry they said they are "shooting for monthly updates". They shouldn't have said anything because everyone takes it as a promise - not an estimate.

So for all the new members who are starting to wonder why we aren't getting updates on the beta progress.... ISI was forced into this policy because of the behavior of certain members on this forum before you got here. Sorry, but a few "bad apples" ruined it for the rest of us.

They stated they aren't going to give us updates on progress or any estimates on when the next build will be and they stated why.

Case closed.

14. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"ISI in there wisdom keep us out of the loop" LOL... that's definitely the nicest description of ignoring your customers I've read heard so far. I'll hand this over to our customer care manager, this will be very usefull to get rid of customer complaints-;)

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Really? I though we were moaning because of lack of communication.
    You mixed order of the events.
    BTW what communication? I don't remember any serious communication with them. A few WIP screenshots and changelog with updates - that's all. So at the end, it really doesn't change anything.

@MarcG,
    I'm not constantly whining. I'm arguing in various discussions. If not started I would never write a word. I'm so sorry that those discussions are always about rF2 on this forum ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  16. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

In other news, I'm enjoying some Ginger Snaps with my last cup of coffee of the day...

Granted, I have not played much RF2 recently, but it is not solely because of a lack of new updates... Of late my fishkeeping is taking up a lot of time outside work, I've done very little sim racing at all. I know the updates will come when ISI are ready.

17. Alesi

Alesi Registered

if so, they just should close forum and nothing will disturb them from rf2 and they will finished it for gold release in 2015

18. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Just because there are people that don't accept that everyone can have his own opinion.

Just for the record the game is unplayable to me too simple because to play with a better graphic card than most of simracers have i have to put all game in medium and make sure i'm playing alone............

The other and even bigger problem that we have is a lack of feedback from ISI... 5 months after beta release, always talking about same performance issues and i DIDN'T read even ONE post from ISI about that....

Now all the guys that are happy with that can complain about me too....

Cheers

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Your logic and sarcasm are world class.

In case you weren't aware. This beta is for testing, and specifically, mod testing. It was never meant for the "general public".

The real testers seem to know where to post.... ^ up there ^ in the "bug reports" and other sub-forums above this "general discussion" forum.

Those people are really helping the game and all of us down here are benefiting from it.

Ya know, ISI is not ignoring us. They are working their ass off for the next build.

Did it occur to anyone that fixing the ModID might be a huge undertaking? It might require a re-write of the entire code?

You all want the bugs fixed and content and features added, but you aren't willing to wait.

ISI is damned either way. If they say the next build might be out Friday, they will be crucified if it isn't. If they say nothing, they are crucified anyway.

I have an idea for everyone who is tired of waiting for the next build:

Why not try to help make the game better instead of complaining. Post an idea in the "wish list" thread. Report a bug. Host a server.

In other words, do something constructive. Just a thought.

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

All the complainers here should throw down $1000 over at iracing and see what kind of answers they will get when asking questions regarding fixes, updates etc. I think they would have a whole new perspective on things around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.