Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

What's up? It's friday :D

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I wrote nothing about my expectations. i answering previous posts, not yourz moreover. have I wrote somehing not true? point it.

Tim, please don't ban him. he is funny.

3. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I am with you 100%, this guy will never be happy.

There's no way we deserve any more attention than is deserved to any other person. Get the hell off your high horse. The beta is free, we prepaid for the final version you tool. We got the opportunity to TRY the beta for that.

If your language barrier implies otherwise, that is your problem. I for one know EXACTLY what I paid for. A prepaid licence to the final release of rFactor 2. And for that I got to try out what was described as the beta released so modders could learn the new packaging system.

I for one, being a true sim fan a and a HUGE fan of ISI's consideration towards modders, am quite happy with how things are progressing. Patience is a virtue, learn it. What other sim game gives such tutorials to modders? Asseto Corsa is considering being mod friendly, but who knows. ISI not only welcomes it, they embrace it. That is the hugest thing for me, and means great longevity for the game. So I would rather they take their time and get final base product perfect, and then all the mods will keep the title alive for years.

Speaking of which, there is a game called Street Legal Redline Racing, which despite being hella old, (9+ years) and hella full of bugs, still has a very large, strong community, due to it's moddablity.

Now imagine this, plus dev support, plus tutorials, plus great physics, and a great base = RF1 on steroids and then some. Is it not worth the waiting game?

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  4. Slothman

Slothman Registered

+1

As long as people dont quote him I havnt had to read anything from him for a while....funny thing is...he always gets a similair reaction....yet its not him, everyone else is usually wrong.......huh...go figure.

5. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I'm with MaXyM on that.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The amount of posts whinging and whining you'd think none of us ever play RF2 :D

7. JvM

JvM Registered

CdnRacer + others.

Let's say there's a user whose posts bring 0 value to you and more like the opposite.
    Why not add him to your ignore list, by going to the user's profile and adding from there. Then you wont see any messages from that user anymore.
    Maybe this helps a bit. :)

8. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Everyone can say whatever he wants, but the reality is that we have all paid to play the beta. Therefore not free. ISI could have released a free beta and once this process this end put the final version on sale, but is not the case.

Everyone is free to fool you but it does not change what is. I know that I paid and I do not care, I'm happy to help develop the game even though we have a little left and it appears that we have in mind.

9. Kaian

Kaian Registered

I agree :)
    I agree 100%

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Let them take as much time as ISI wants. We are all going to drive this sim for the next 5 years so why does an extra month matter? The way i look at it, is that every day that goes by it means that ISI is working on big changes. I have a feeling that the next patch is going to include some bomb (not content-wise either) and then the modding community is going to take this thing and run. Just a hunch (but I hope I'm right).

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

a bomb in next update? Ok, Ill skip it to be on the safe side, Ill have the one after.Thnx for sharing :)

12. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Today is the day. :p

13. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

ISI can take as long as they like, as long as we get hot swaps that work this time.
    GT/Touring endurance events are the ultimate.
    Please get this right.

14. Bart S

Bart S Member

Come on ISI wakey wakey, get yourselves a strong black coffee jump in the car and go to work now, chop chop, us Brits have been awake for hours waiting for the update.

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Is this kind of response really necessary?

His post at least sounded like written by a person, who has no issues with anybody. Unlike yours and some others, unfortunately.
    I'm only addressing you, because I know you for a smart person, so I know you can do better than that. I don't know other guys, but it seems to me, that they could do with some chill out session aswell :)

Why must waiting for next updabe be so difficult for you guys? :) It's quite easy for me.

16. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

When its ready its ready.. I can wait, and guess what ? your all gonna wait as well.. LOL

17. Alesi

Alesi Registered

just want to see next step in rf2 beta, next step to a good game!
    (but i think it will not be today, maybe next week)

18. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It's not about waiting, it's about lack of communication. I just think that it could have been handled better, especially that we put some money into it.
    Is it really that hard to write a short summary informing us what they work on? Or when they are aiming to release update?

They were aiming to release updates monthly, it's 2 months now since the last update. I know that it wasn't set in stone, but it looks that they are pretty miserable at aiming. They could say sth like "hey, we are modifying our MOD ID system and it's taking us more time that we thought". It would be OK for me, but the communication from their side is non existent.

19. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

+1... its about communication nothing else, we're somehow pre-financing this game partially, hence we're customers and deserve to be informed about the product we bought. Nothing about wanting this or that feature.

20. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

Now it is not close to a month, maybe patch will arrive in june :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.