Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I also play with the maximum possible SSAA but or so not solved at all. Hopefully this can be solved soon because having to use SSAA X8 is a big drag on performance.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I've no AA flickering using x8 SSAA but I'm sure they're working on it. I can play Dunsfold at full res and all settings maxed out - just because I've a low polycount (for now)...but if I play official ISI tracks I've a FPS disaster. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Try these settings below with nVidia Inspector if you have enough power in your GPU. I get a crystal clean image. I use a FXAA injector alongside them

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  4. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

From my point of view pCARS is an alpha game and they are doing lots of works on physics -----> this game will be awesome

And,

From my point of view RF2 is a beta game and they are doing lots of works on GFX -------> this game will be awesome

So yes 2012 will be the year of simracing :)

1 person likes this.
  5. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I only have access to the infrequent builds of pCARS but it is a total joke when compared to rFactor 2's physics right now. Plus, all anyone ever talks about in pCARS is the graphics, cars, and tracks. Almost nothing ever about the actual simulation part of what is ostensibly a driving sim.

6. Stephen Dent

Stephen Dent Registered

2 5950,s crossfire runs perfect graphics r amaculate

7. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

on my 7970 I use MSAA (NOT adapative, FXAA seems not work with any other aa mode than MS) + 8AA ingame. Gives a reasonable AA quality, however not what you would expect from 8xAA. If you're going below 8AA the game looks like OUTRUN, just horrible.
    As mentioned, ISI needs to fix this somehow. You can't expect everybody to have a GFX that can handle 8AA.

8. Slothman

Slothman Registered

So you have made you mind up. That good. Enjoy pConsoleARS

9. bastins

bastins Registered

It's relieving to see that there's still at least one person left on the internet who can appreciate games, instead of pledging fanatical allegiance to only one.

You're exactly right, between rFactor 2 and Project CARS, 2012 will be awesome for race fans.

1 person likes this.
  10. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Hi all. OP here.

In 36hrs or so, this thread will be 5 weeks old. It was started celebrating just 4 weeks since updates.

9 weeks..Yep....-.....Ima hurtin now....I'm hurtin Tim........Timmy? I is hurtin man - I'm hurtin baaaaaaad - and I dunna think I gunna make it this time Tim......................help ma Timmy...........

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Hear hear! Fantastic to see that not all people feel the need to constantly badmouth games they personally don't like (even though said games are only about a quarter done...).

Though pCARS won't be ready in 2012, the current projected release is Q2 2013. =) Anyway, we've got rF2, we've got Assetto Corsa, we've got GTR3, we've got pCARS, and hopefully we'll also get a new update of LFS at some point. The next couple of years are looking pretty great for sim racers.
    Just like you've apparently made your mind up about pCARS. =)

And on the "Next Update" subject, I hope that it won't take too long to arrive, I really would like to start playing rF2 one of these days. The first two updates were mostly background stuff and I couldn't really tell the difference between them and the original version, and until the tyre temperature physics are added in/turned on I really can't bring myself to play rF2.

12. Alesi

Alesi Registered

hm... so Tim sad that it will be some feedback and about new update! and once again - NOTHING!!! just silence... dont understand that

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Be cautious! Once Tim will be back and tell you that he never promised any more info. ;)
    He only confirmed that it would be good to provide more info ;)
    But I also don't understand the stand of ISI.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm with IS but I begin to lose my patience already.................just joking!;)

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

BTW I can feel it will be very nice weekend ;)

16. Skin

Skin Registered

rFactor2 is the first PC racing Sim that I have ever owned (I'm primarily a console gamer) and I would just like to say that even in Beta, I love it!

Cheers ISI and thanks in advance to the modding community for the brilliant content that I am sure you will create.

You have a new fan,

Skin.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

new GPU installed, RF2 looks even better, can finally race round Monaco...bring on the next update!!

18. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

This thread has only: Replies: 296 / Views: 195,758.
    It's not worth giving it any attention;)

19. tomj421

tomj421 Registered

Nvidia Settings

Not able to read your settings. Please repost.

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

If you click the picture, it takes you to the upload site where you can zoom to full size and it can be read quite easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.